I booked my family of 4 into this hotel back in May, but didn't actually check other peoples reviews on Tripadvisor until the day before we were due to arrive....Having trawled through lots of reviews on here I was extremely close to cancelling my booking as many of the reviews were pretty damning about the hotel aand their experiences staying there.... I am soooooo glad I didn't cancel and would like to share our experience of it.
We stayed in room 306 - the Goodwood Suite - which was described as being a family room with one double bed and two single beds. It actually turned out to be a massive suite, with a 4 poster bed / study type area in one side and through an arch in another massive space were two single beds and a long leather sofa/TV/armchairs. The beds were all exceptionally clean and amazingly comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and fully functioning, with plenty of clean towels and lots of free toiletries. The TV was the old fashioned/chunky type, BUT worked perfectly well, was easy to navigate around and did offer a range of channels to watch.
Checkin/out was smooth and uncomplicated with no queueing.
ALL staff were exceptionally polite, knowledgeable, friendly and professional which is not always the case in large corporate hotels.
Breakfast was very high quality and offered a vast range of choices, from cereals, cold meats/cheese, large range of fresh fruit, juices, fresh pastries/muffins/croissants and of course the full English cooked breakfast staples. The serving staff were attentive and couldn't have been more accomodating or welcoming.
Many of the other reviews of this hotel talk about it being dated/shabby/in need of attention, and whilst this is a fair comment, the hotel still has a general feeling of being clean and well run. If you are looking for a modern, chic, trendy hotel then this is definitely not the place for you.
All in all it was an excellent stay and we would happily return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex