“Just what the doctor ordered”

Review of Woodfarm Barn

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Luxurious Suffolk Barns, some with Hot Tubs. Check website for details
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SamMorris...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Just what the doctor ordered”
Reviewed January 16, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

A three night stay in The Granary Barn was a Christmas present for my husband and it was exactly the relaxing break we needed after a hectic Christmas and New Year period.

The beautiful characteristics of the barn are all part of the charm and you certainly don't have to worry about the cold with its underfloor heating and the wood burner.

A welcome breakfast basket plus many other supplies provided makes it a home from home. If you are bringing along your four legged friend then they are not forgotten too with their very own welcome pack.

Woodfarm Barns is definitely a place to shout about (just not too loud as we want to make sure we can return again!)

Jan 29, 2018
Thank you! I'm really pleased that this was just what you needed and I look forward to having you guys back :-)
KXNicky
London, United Kingdom
“Idyllic rural retreat, serviced brilliantly by an owner and team who care about the property and their guests.”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The Granary Barn, built circa 1700, refurbished circa 2010. I spent many hours of an evening wondering at its construction, with oak and with care. A real labour of love.

Every morning, a birdsong chorus and a Robin perched on the top of the front (stable-style) door waiting for the crumbs from the locally sourced fresh bread.

The barn was very well equipped and toasty warm with the underfloor heating and small log burner. Fabulous picture window with far reaching views behind the bed.

The enclosed garden was perfect for my dog - a Basenji escape artist - who was safely contained. Plenty of great walks within, er, walking distance...just straight out of the door.

Nothing too much trouble for Carl, Doreen and John (who I met) and doubtless the other members of the team (who I did not).

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you so much for this lovely review. The Robin is a robot that we program to do that by the way :-)

Hope to see you again sometime
NickyPN1
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This was a pretty last minute booking and wow! What a really lovely surprise which absolutely surpassed my expectations. The barn was super cosy, had everything (and more) that we needed and provided the perfect base for a really wonderful weekend that will be forever remembered.

The information around the surrounding area was really helpful, from our initial welcome we sensed that nothing would be too much trouble and we felt immediately 'at home.'

I am just left wondering when we might be able to return!

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you! I'm so pleased you had such a memorable weekend with us and look forward to your return. I'm glad you felt at home, that's what we try to achieve for our guests
Naomi W
“Perfect Stay ❤”
Reviewed December 30, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Alde barn. It is a beautiful barn/cottage and we couldn't fault it at all! We booked to stay here for our honeymoon/6 month wedding anniversary and it was perfect! We had a very warm welcome from John who showed us round.

We received a breakfast basket which was amazing and a lovely gesture. Also the shed full of Dvds, books, bikes, logs and etc was very useful and such a good idea! These little extras made the break even more amazing!

We spent quite a bit of our time enjoying the hot tub. Beautiful scenary and peace and quiet...BLISS!

We have already recommended to family and friends and we will definitely be coming back!

Thank you for an amazing break and you should be proud Carl and staff on your business! All these comments, recommendations and customers returning show what an amazing job you do!

Thanks again
Naomi & Connor O'Neil

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you so much guys! Really appreciate the glowing review and look forward to having you back here :-)
showard19...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
Reviewed December 27, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We have just returned from a 5 night Christmas break and it was absolutely perfect for us and our 2 dogs! Everything was even better than we expected! So many different walks to do followed by relaxing evenings in the hot tub.. I am so glad we decided to go ahead and book! The only bad thing I can say is that we had to leave to come home.. I am already looking to book a return break.

Dec 30, 2017
It was great to meet you guys and I'm so pleased you had such a nice stay. You don't have to go home you know, you could book forever! :-) Look forward to seeing you again
BirteLam
Watford, United Kingdom
“A perfect stay in a beautiful cottage”
Reviewed December 15, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We stayed 2 nights in the Granary Barn and it was perfect. The cottage was cosy and beautiful with all the luxury touches you could want. A fabulous breakfast basket for us and high quality treats for our dog. The cottage had an enclosed large garden so we knew the dog was safe when we let her out. We will definitely be back.

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much, I look forward to seeing you next time :-)
Moira H
“Lovely and relaxing”
Reviewed December 14, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Lovely stay in a well equipped, clean, little barn with a hot tub. Great space for the dog especially the two acre meadow across the road which was totally enclosed and very safe. Lovely breakfast hamper.

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much, I'm so pleased you guys enjoyed your stay :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing