“Perfect retreat in rural Suffolk”

Review of Woodfarm Barn

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Luxurious Suffolk Barns, some with Hot Tubs. Check website for details
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ruthadlam
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat in rural Suffolk”
Reviewed May 28, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Have just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay in Deben Barn, a delightful lodge equipped with everything you may need for a luxury, relaxing escape from the norm. Carl met us on arrival and couldn't have been more helpful giving us the guided tour and useful tips! We were provided with a super breakfast hamper (milk and butter awaiting in the fridge) and to our little dog Toby's delight there was also a doggy hamper with yummy treats and even a toy, what a lovely touch! Woodfarm Barns are in an ideal location to explore Suffolk and not too far to visit the beach, which given the glorious weather we had, we tended to do most days but there is so much to see and do in the area, there is something for everyone. One of the highlights for us was the luxurious hot tub in our own private garden, spa towels, robes and slippers provided. I have no hesitation in recommending this rural idyll and have already passed details to friends and family. Thanks to Carl for our lovely holiday, till the ne t time Ruth, Mike and Toby x

May 31, 2017
Thank you so much. It was great to see you all and thanks to Toby for stopping me working :-) x
artisanLo...
london
“Beautiful Suffolk Cottage”
Reviewed May 21, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Just returned from a lovely weekend staying in the Granary barn at Woodfarm Barns. Beautiful cottage, Complimentary breakfast basket, enclosed garden and a new fully enclosed field for dogs to have a run, which was much enjoyed by our 2 spaniels.We visited Southwold beach and a few coastal villages. Carl was a great host and nothing was too much trouble. We will return.

May 28, 2017
Thank you so much. What a lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed what we have here and I look forward to seeing you again
wendy_dur...
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“A gem in the countryside.”
Reviewed May 20, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I stayed in Stour Barn with my cocker spaniel and the experience exceeded my expectations. The barn was clean, comfortable, well equipped and so quaint. The breakfast basket was great and contained local, good quality products. The enclosed garden was well equipped, clean and the dog exercise field was an added bonus. Woodfield Barns are located in lovely countryside with many places to visit locally and on the coast. I spent a lovely day in Southwold, Auldeburgh and Thorpeness. The Suffolk Punch Horse Centre is also a must place to visit. Carl, the owner gave me a warm welcome. My only complaint, I was not there long enough but I will be back. A wonderful, peaceful piece of the English countryside. Excellent.

May 28, 2017
Haha, sorry you weren't here long enough, you'll have to come back! :-)

So pleased you both enjoyed yourselves x
Quest5705...
“Amazing place to stay with or without your pet”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I found Woodfarm Barns on the internet and was very impressed with the website and the amazing reviews. The booking system was so easy to use. I received a warm welcome from Carl on arrival and he was so helpful I could relax knowing that if I needed any advice about anything he was on hand.. The barn I stayed in was just perfect, everything had been thought about, could not think of one thing which would have made it better. My dogs loved the paddock to run round in and we enjoyed some lovely walks from the door.

May 28, 2017
Thank you so much for this review. It's so rewarding to see that every step of the way worked well. Hope to see you guys again :-)
Kayem26
Kessingland, United Kingdom
“Why go anywhere else? ”
Reviewed May 7, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

A perfect haven, luxury in peace and quiet and nowhere else compares as to what it offers your fur babies (four legged friends).

We booked a weekend away for our 1st Wedding anniversary, we were married at Wood Farm Barn in Benacre and the name seemed rather appropriate that we chose Woodfarm Barns in Stonham Aspal as our 1st year romantic getaway retreat.

Carl is a super host who is warm and inviting and really friendly, our dogs usually bark when they meet someone for the first time, but not with Carl, it's true what they say, dogs know good people! We arrived a little early but that was no problem, we were showed round our barn, Orwell and it was so cute and charming.

Everything has been thought of, even a doggy do bin when you have picked up after them in your garden. A large water bowl and there's a selection of dog towels in the shed to use if you have a mucky pup!

The welcome basket is fabulous and the food is beautiful, the best bacon I have eaten in a long time! Use the gorgeous fluffy bread to make a doorstop bacon sandwich - I have died and gone to food heaven!

The cottage also has a handy guide to everything about where you are staying including local amenities. It also includes a handy guide of what's around the local area, including fabulous pubs and the food, shops and local delis as well as where to walk and what to see.

There's a handy walk just down the road to the church and round which is set back from the road, the walk is lovely taking in the Suffolk landscape and the church is idyllic.

Once you have stayed here with your pooches it will be really hard to find another place like it that truly is dog friendly. We have stayed in places before that call themselves dog friendly and it's been like treading on egg shells. Here you can relax, and soak up the beautiful environment and atmosphere and rest safe in the knowledge that your dogs are as happy as you are.

Plus the hot tub, is just another tick of what makes this place the best there is!

Fabulous in every way, we didn't want to come home!

May 13, 2017
Wow! Thank you for your glowing review and congratulations on your first anniversary. I'm so pleased when guests love it here this much so thank you once again. I hope to see you for many more anniversaries to come
KazR57
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“A Good Time was had by all!!!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Just returned from a long weekend at Woodfarm Barns staying in Granary Barn, a beautifully renovated property with large wrap around garden just perfect for little
Tess - truely enclosed and spaniel proof!!!!!! I usually travel with 'supplies' - tea/coffee/treats/condiments/cleaning stuff and lots of loo rolls - totally unnecessary here! Everything has been thought of and well covered, especially the yummy breakfast basket. So you can just turn up and have a fabulous time, which we did!!! We don't live too far away so already know Southwold/Aldburgh/Lavenham/Long Melford/Bury/Snape tc and wanted to explore new places. Tried Dunwich (recommend The Ship!)/Pin Mill (The Butt and Oyster)/Flatford Mill/and the local dog walks near the Barns up to the pretty little church. Oh and try The Crown at Stowupland - can you see a pattern here!!!!!!
So much to do and see, or just chill in the beautiful gardens, so we'll need another visit! Thank you Carl!

May 13, 2017
Thank you so much for a wonderful and very comprehensive review. All good pubs too! Look forward to seeing you guys again
Wendy C
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect for relaxing break”
Reviewed April 24, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Arrived home today !! Just had the most relaxing break at Woodfarm Barns We stayed in Orwell it was very clean and everything in that you could possibly want. The breakfast hamper was delicious and we certainly enjoyed the champagne . After a day sightseeing or having a good walk it was such a treat to go in the hot tub. We will be back

May 3, 2017
I'm glad you felt relaxed here. Mission accomplished :-) I hope we see you again sometime
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing