“Amazing food and amazing customer service from all the staff!”
Review of The Navigation Inn

The Navigation Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Cosgrove
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dating back to 1822, The Navigation Inn in Cosgrove overlooks the Grand Union Canal and surrounding countryside. Once bordered by a wharf yard, corn warehouses, a coach house, Brewhouse and numerous other buildings, this Victorian inn has been carefully restored and extended to create a destination venue with an extensive lounge and bar area, 80-seat restaurant, covered garden space, and dedicated carpark. Our Mediterranean-inspired menu is freshly prepared in our open kitchen and served daily from 8am in our light-filled wood-panelled dining room. When the weather is fine, it's a pleasure to dine outside in our spacious gardens, while enjoying a lovely view of surrounding countryside and the canal.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came here last year when we stayed at elm tree farm for the Motogp and came here for the 3 nights which was fabulous! We chose to come here agin for the motogp this year and i booked a table in advance for friday, saturday and sunday. Once again not disappointed! Amazing food and fabulous staff! Iwana is a delight! We asked if we could have the same table by the window and she accommodated this for us for all of our nights. Cannot wait to return for our final meal tomorrow and will definitely be back next year! The pork belly is fantastic and the churros from the specials menu were delicious! See you all again tomorrow and we will certainly be back again next year for our 3 nights again! I work as a manager in a hotel and all of the staff have some of the best customer service i have ever seen. They make you feel welcomed and are all so friendly. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2019
Oakman I, Guest Relations Manager at The Navigation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Hannah B,

Thanks for this amazing review! We're so glad to hear you enjoy your visits to us, we also cant wait for next year!

See you then,
Rhiannon
The Navigation Team

Write a reviewReviews (904)

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Have been a number of times but this is the first time I have been truly compelled to leave a review. Previous visits have been very good but this time has surpassed all expectations. Friendly and courteous staff, great food prepared in an open kitchen, and a wonderful setting for a meal, casual drinks and I've also just found out they have a small function room for private events. Management are passionate about their product (especially Joe) and know how to make you feel welcome. I specially recommend the Pollo Bianco pizza, something I have yet to find elsewhere which comes close to it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Oakman I, Guest Relations Manager at The Navigation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

5 stars!? Wow - thank you so very much for this great review.
Best regards,
Benn Kempster

Reviewed August 5, 2019

This is a loving place to meet friend and have a drink. Lovely atmosphere watching the narrow boats, and the river gently ambling along but I won’t recommend the food. Over priced and over cooked. Meet up with friends for a meal and I was really disappointed with the quality of the food.

2  Thank Pam H
Oakman I, Customer Engagement Officer at The Navigation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Hi Pam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
It is lovely to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere of our restaurant however, very unfortunate to hear the standard of the food.
I apologise sincerely for this, did you mention anything to a member of staff when you dined with us? As I can assure you we would of done our best to make sure all of our guests are happy!

Many Thanks,
Yvette

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

We were canoeing on the canal and stopped there for lunch. It was a nice day did at outside. The restaurant as a modern and stylish decor. The menu has pizzas, burgers, salads and a small selection of main pub meals. We had a wood oven pizzas. They were both very nice and generous portion. Staff was friendly and very good humoured. Enjoyed our visit.

Date of visit: August 2019
Oakman I, Guest Relations Manager at The Navigation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hi Nolly10,

Thanks for this great review! We look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,
Rhiannon
The Navigation Team

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Dinner booked for 6pm.
Placed order with waiter only to then be advised the pizza oven was being cleaned therefore no pizza! (Should have been told this 15 mins before when handed the menus).
Husbands chicken and mushroom tagine arrived minus the chicken and mushroom so called the waiter who returned 10 mins later with a saucer of chicken and a message from the chef saying there were mushrooms in it already (absolutely no mushrooms)!!!
We live very close by and it's a shame we'll probably not be returning for a very long time.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Felicity D
TheNavCosgrove, General Manager at The Navigation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dear Felicity,

Firstly I must apologise for the poor level of meal you received on your last visit , we normally pride ourselves in the quality of our service and food.

I also would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us directly regarding your recent experience at The Navigation.
Customer feedback is invaluable to us, and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers is our number one priority.
It goes without saying we never set out to disappoint any of our valued guests but on this occasion, have clearly failed to meet some of your expectations.
Your feedback has given us the opportunity to reassess our policies and standards.
We have taken all your comments on board and will make changes and improvements were necessary.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I cannot apologise enough that you were not completely satisfied with your last visit.
I truly hope you are not deterred from visiting again and give us the opportunity to restore our reputation with you.

Jose Silva