“Dissapointing”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a long time but not regular customer (twice a year) I was dissapointed by my recent visit.
We arrived at 7pm on a sunny evening and sat out on the patio, this had a grubby canopy over the top , the chairs had degraded and where dirty.
We then sat down for our meal .
a couple of us started with a selection of cold meats which was tasty but no bread on the table so we asked for some and after a few minutes a couple of platters with warm bread and olives and dipping olive oil and balsamic where delivered and charged for. Onto the main where a couple had the lamb which was supposed to be pink but turned out grey and overcooked.
Fish was fine and my rose veal tough but tasty. All food generally tasty just not to the standard I have come to expect from this previously excellent restaurant.
Beefeater food at twice the price.

1  Thank Fetmoore

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a Birthday meal with my boyfriend. We arrived at 7 and were the only people in there. The 2 staff were friendly and looked bored and lacking in enthusiasm.
I ordered steak medallions and asked for medium rare, it arrived medium to well done. My boyfriend had lamb and this too was over cooked. At no point during our meal did anyone come over to check whether we were ok. I ate my steak, perhaps I should have made a fuss but couldn't see the point.
The waiting staff just looked bored and uninterested. When they cleared our plates I mentioned my steak and the waitress just muttered sorry, but was not bothered.
The overall atmosphere in the restaurant was flat and boring and not somewhere we wanted to linger.
We did not have a dessert and paid the bill and left. No one acknowledged us leaving either. We were out before 9!!
I would not return and would not recommend this restaurant to family or friends...
Shame really

4  Thank RobinP345
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took myself and my wife to kits Coty for out 9th wedding Anniversary. It was our 1st visit there, Lovely relaxing pre dinner drinks in the bar and on the terrace. Staff fab just did enough not on at you all the time and gave you time to yourself during and between courses. Food was amazing and very seasonal. Finished with coffee in the lounge area. Totally recommend it and will definitely be going back for another visit.

1  Thank AYounggingerone
Reviewed July 30, 2013

On Friday my husband and I went to Kits Coty for a celebratory meal. Unusually, we had the same menu, which was: Chinese duck pancakes to start, which were very dry. Medallions of beef for the main, and again this was overcooked, the veg was fine though the Lyonnaise potatoes were most definitely not, and my husband's hand cut chips were awful. I finished with raspberry brulee which, unbelievably, was chilled all the way through, with no grilled top as is the norm. It had just been taken from the 'fridge! My husband had a trio of chocolate puddings which he said was just 'ok'. Together with a bottle of Borrollo, the bill came to approx. £140. Frankly, we left feeling cheated. The whole thing was a dead loss. Apparently, KC is up for sale. Well if it's sold as a going concern, let's hope they change the chef.

4  Thank Julia O
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went for a meal with a view of booking our wedding there. The views are magnificent and can not be made any less than that. Drinks were very pricey £7:00 for a vodka and coke. The meal was nice and original. We asked if we could choose a menu for our wedding? We were shown the wedding packages which we did not like we wanted something a little more British (forgive us for being boring) we were told no this s the menu, we walked away and chose somewhere else that was willing to listen and accommodate us.

5  Thank Maria C