“Good Food and Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kits Coty Brasserie

Kits Coty Brasserie
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Aylesford
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kent, United Kingdom
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went here to celebrate my 50th Birthday with my partner and 9 members of my family ranging in age from 75 to 19. We ordered off the ala Carte menu and not the fixed price menu as we felt the choice on the fixed price wasn’t to our taste.

I was a little anxious after reading some of the reviews on TA as they appeared to differ from my previous experiences of the restaurant over the last 15 years although I hadnt been for around 5 years. However, I need not of worried as the food and the service were excellent on the night.

We had drinks in the bar area before dinner and then moved to our table and ordered, the food arrived in a timely fashion not really quick but not to slow that you would notice, it arrived for the whole party all at the same time on hot plates and was delicious and every plate was empty on the way back to the kitchen.

The mains were very good I had slow roast Lamb, which was fantastic, and others had Fillet Steak, Morrocan Lamb and Sea Bass and all were excellent, I had already spoken to the restaurant prior to our visit regarding side dishes as these are expensive and they were very helpful and did a selection for the whole table for £17.50, which was more than sufficient for everyone.

My dessert was a little disappointing as the Fondant in the chocolate trio was undercooked but everyone else’s was Ok and when I looked my bowl slightly bigger than all the others so think it was a timing issue, my son had the cherry tiramisu which was divine.

Overall it was a great experience and everyone commented on the quality of the venue and food, the bill was very reasonable for 11 people with 4 bottles of Prosecco and 2 bottles of wine and lots of beers it came to under £50 a head and the service charge is not automatically added to the bill which I think is the way it should be.

The only issue I had was that it was a bit cold in the area where we sat for some of the older members of the party despite the presence of a heater which was on.

Other than that great and I would return again.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but a few niggles.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a lovely night with some friends on a Saturday night. The restaurant was busy and it had a nice relaxing atmosphere. The steak I had was great and I managed to have a little bit of lamb and veal also. I really liked the fact we were there over 3 hours and didn't feel rushed so that'll be the positives. The slight niggles.......my steak was £21 and I then had to pay another £3 for chips. Our friend ordered a baileys and it was only a 25ml pour which considering our bill was just shy of £200 was a bit tight. We even sent it back for them to 'check' that was enough as a 'hint' and they returned the 25ml glass and confirmed it was the correct measure! The last thing was no chocolates with the bill. I know that's a bit picky but the little things go a long way...

1 Thank Dan C
Kent, UK
“Great place, modern but comfortable and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I visited this restaurant many years ago and although it was very much in the 80's style the food was good. However having returned now I am upset that I have left it so long. It has been modernised, it's comfortable, the service is good and the quality of the food exellent. It's reasonably priced and highly recommended.

Chatham, Kent
“Always enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have celebrated our anniversary at the Kits Coty every July since 2002, we have always enjoyed the evening there very much. In the summer the views from the restaurant are beautiful, it is well worth arriving a bit early and having a drink at one of the outside tables (weather permitting). The menu is quite extensive - so should suit most people, the food is nicely presented, very well cooked and perfectly seasoned (DO NOT ADD SEASONING before tasting!) we have always found all the staff to be friendly - welcoming - attentive and efficient.
We recently had lunch at the Kits Coty for the first time and this was an absolute delight, it was a lot cheaper than dining in the evening (as is usually the case) we thought it was superb value!
The only criticism we could make is that due to the lack of soft furnishings the noise level can be fairly high this is due to diners conversation (not noise from kitchen), when booking it is best to request a table in the conservatory area - as this is usually less noisy and you will have a better view from the windows.
In conclusion all we can say is that we love this restaurant!

Thank P.Beaumont
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lovely views during daytime or early evening in summer. Great choice of food, romantic setting.
Highly recommended.