“Very pleasant visit”

Cuisines: Pub
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant visit”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a drink and lunch. The hosts are great and very nice lunch. Good old fashioned proper pub with log fire. We felt very !much at home and will definitely be going back.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“100% great”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere....
After reading other reviews was slightly put off... HOWEVER...
Not sure where the problem lays with some people as went there today and had top nosh and the place was clean.
No issues in regards to cleanliness... 5 star food hygiene did it for me!
Lasagne was better than the hubby's!
Seemed to be a family as the barmaid was calling the other two ''mum and dad''
Had a list of upcoming events and I will be attending the next event they have on 6th Dec..
Also.... 2 Meals for £10 or sunday lunch for £7.50-£11.50?? Well Done Frog and Orange

• Visited November 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, delightful friendly place”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

After a few times of going for lunch and dinner, I myself can not fault the friendly service cleanliness and food which tastes very good and you get your money's worth if not more, relaxing by a lit fireplace on a cold day is my idea of a good one, I now spend every Sunday here having my lunch, I am not a drinker but having listened to other customers who frequent here they give praise to the cleanliness of the pumps and how clean they are giving a nice pint, I would highly recommend this family run establishment to anyone, I have eaten in many places in my life and never thought about writing reviews before, but credit where credit is due

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Difficult position”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I think it is a pity the pub are not using their outside space and making the approach and outside more appealing, When inside it was a bit better but there was no loo roll and the loo hadn't been cleaned and that was off putting when one might want to eat there.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jacqueline P
Margate, United Kingdom
“Need to clean up their act...”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A morning's birding with friends meant we were looking forward to a nice pub lunch and I headed off in search of one of my favourites and took a wrong turning... when I realised where I was I recalled having driven past a pub so looked out for and found the Frog & Orange at Shatterling between Wingam and Sandwich.

We pulled into an empty carpark in convoy and sent in an advanced party to make sure the pub was open... it was, although we were the only patrons, and no-one else turned up during our time there.

The friendly landlady explained that while they did food and could do us something she had been let down by a delivery and so half a dozen things on the menu were not options.

There wasn't too much choice left and for this non-meat eater Scampi and Chips was all there was to be had. Maggie went for a burger and Sue decide on a baguette with melted cheese.

Service was pretty quick and there was nothing about the meal to berate but nor was there much to praise. As I ate mine I eyed Sue's with envy as the word which pretty well summed up the whole experience was... BLAND.

The girls worried between ordering and eating what the kitchen was like as, frankly, the ladies toilet was not clean and rather smelly. In fact there is a rather unpleasant odour at the entrance we used which was partly masked by some sort of perfume but the mix was in itself rather unpleasant giving a sweet cloying covering to an underlying 'sewery' smell.

I don't know what it was and didn't ask, but it was off-putting. I hope this is a temporary glitch and the delivery etc. was not typical.

I guess I'd give them another chance but can't see myself rushing back either... if I had faced the same problem I think I would have shut the pub and put up a sign of apology while getting things sorted out and the smell tracked down and eliminated!

• Visited May 2013