“Nice pub but don't have Cromer Crab Salad!”
Review of The Parson Woodforde - CLOSED

The Parson Woodforde
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited this pub for lunch for the second time. Two of our party had the Monday 2 course menu for £10 and this seemed to be perfectly adequate and reasonable value for money. Another had sausages and mash from the main menu which was also fine if maybe a bit pricey. I had the Cromer Crab Salad which came with bread, guacamole and mayonnaise dressing. Sadly this was not what I expected. They brought a bowl of mixed salad leaves with other salad vegetables and A minuscule amount of brown crab meat all mixed up so you could not even see the quantity. No white meat that I could discern. The leaves were already dressed so did not really need the additional guacamole and mayonnaise. I did complain to the waitress who referred back to the chef and came back to tell me that I had the normal quantity of crab and that they were very expensive at the moment. All I wanted and expected for £12.50 was a dressed crab with an accompanying salad!

It's sad as I feel that most of the food I saw coming from the kitchen seemed to be of adequate quantity so why be so mean on one item? I certainly won't be returning there in a hurry. Plenty of other places to eat that give better value

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had lunch there on Thursday, was busy but staff were extremely kind in offering us a table to accommodate a buggy and breast feeding mother where customers and mother alike would've comfortable - no eyes meeting over breast milk at this venue. 5 extremely welly presented and cooked meals, we all have differing tastes, carnivore, pescatarian and veggie, all executed very well I deed. The rhubarb parfait was wonderful!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good atmosphere, modern and stylish, very welcoming bar, open fires in bar area. Good child friendly garden and welcoming to children with provision of colouring books, puzzles etc
Excellent food on both occasions we have eaten there. Good choice of dishes from the menu, all dishes try and source quality local produce. Restaurant Manager very attentive and helpful. Good range of local ales and very good wine.
A cut above other restaurants in both Norwich and the local area
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a busy morning in Norwich and on our way home decided to stop off at the PW for lunch.
This is a pleasant country pub in delightful rural surroundings. On entering the bar we received very cheerful greetings from the staff and had a table next to the window overlooking the main entrance. The pleasant chatty waiter served our drinks and gave us plenty of time (our choice) to decide on what to order from the menu. We took note of how attentive the waiter was to everyone without being overbearing and we learned that he came from Cuba and had travelled extensively, was quite knowledgeable and although the pub was busy he still had time to ensure satisfaction of service to all . The food and presentation was very good. The service this time was a great improvement from our last visit. This is a nice country pub to call in and have lunch (we had not booked) and next time we will sample supper here.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spur of the moment dinner on return trip from Norwich. Casual dinner of Lentil Dahl with homemade Bahjis for one and a tasty chicken breast and fries meal for other. Great Quality food. Staff happy to fit us in with no booking when busy, male manager visible, helpful and friendly. Wine by the glass, good.