“Extreme Adventure to go with Go Pro Birthday gift”
Review of RiverRun Rafting

RiverRun Rafting
Book In Advance
More Info
$197.05*
and up
Ultimate Adventure Whitewater Rafting Ottawa River
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are a first time rafter or a whitewater enthusiast you will find it all right here at RiverRun Rafting and Wilderness Resort. Our fully guided rafting trips, on both channels of the world famous Rocher Fendu rapids of the Ottawa River, range from the gentle Class I - II rapids to the adrenaline rush of Class III - V rapids.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family of four, including 50 year old birthday boy and sons 20 and 17 had never rafted before. It took rave reviews from our friends from Toronto to get us to book this extreme adventure in our own Ottawa backyard. With my husband's new birthday gadget fastened tightly to his helmet and with us all suited up for a rainy and unusually cool August 16th we loaded ourselves onto a bus to take us to our waiting rafts. Although we were nervous and slightly disappointed with the weather, we were thrilled to find out that we were assigned none other than Bill, the very funny guide who did the pre rafting safety drill and had us laughing about the necessity of the "happy straps" on our life jackets. We were soon to find out that not only was Bill engagingly funny but extremely professional and safety conscious as we experienced our first full "dump" into the mighty Ottawa River. I can say after that first meeting with the Ottawa River that I was more respectful of its power and thankful for the team effort it takes to keep everyone safe. My hero Graham picked me out of a whirlpool with his little red kayak and guided me to another team member's boat before I was safely reunited with my own boat. I believe that should this first meeting not have gone as smoothly as it did I may not have been in for the long haul. At NO time, however, did we feel unsafe as we experienced the thrill of travelling through a myriad of rapids, were dumped and stayed in, and enjoyed cliff jumping. This River Run team of raft guides is the BEST!! We had a blast!!! My husband got it all on the Go Pro. We believe that a rainy cool day should not deter anyone from this experience. I am sorry we didn't book sooner. We will definitely be back and next time we are bringing our friends and family with us. We will make it a camping weekend and we will stay for the evening festivities. We can't wait to do it again. Thank you RiverRun team. Marilyn

1  Thank Marilyn F
"control"
"risks"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Neither of us had been rafting before, this was the best introduction to rafting we could have had! August 15-17 we had a girls weekend away, it was a 2 night tent stay and we were in the 6 person boat!! Bill was our guide and he is outstanding!! He explained what to do before each rapid so everyone knew what to expect, keeping everyone safe. The whole crew that came with our trip, either the guides in the boats or the guides in the kayaks worked so well together to take care of everyone in the groups. This was very apparent after the first rapid and I think that is what made the trip so exceptional, everyone felt safe, even with that beast of a river beating down on us when we were flipped out!! We were well fed, the staff were very outgoing and friendly. The entertainment on Saturday was Upstream Dave, great show! Jeanette and I had such an unforgettable time, we are going back! Looking forward to bring more people with us too! Jenny

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went there as a group of 4 and the day couldn't have gone better. Although we booked separately they easily accommodated us so that we would be on the same raft. Our guide was super friendly and made an effort right from the beginning to learn all of our names and make us feel welcome. After just 2 rapids we stopped for some lunch and were able to hang out water side or by the fire. After Lunch we the bigger adventure started. The rapids were closer together and we even got to do some cliff diving. The great part was that no matter what we were doing we felt safe and that we didn't need to do something we weren't comfortable with. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

What a blast we had! This was our first experience rafting, and I was a bit nervous about meeting the high-adrenaline needs of younger boys (10 & 14) and the safety-conscious needs of parents. I shouldn`t have worried! We stayed 2 nights at the resort, and while it needs some TLC, it was great to be on site, have the hearty breakfast and be ready for the day. The family-package was a perfect introduction to rafting. My husband and I were VERY impressed with how safety-conscious everyone was, while doing it in a way that did not damper at all the enjoyment of participants. Our awesome guide (Adam) made every effort to give some thrills to the kids. The camaraderie between guides while we were rafting added to experience. The day (9am-3pm) was a true success... even in the eyes of our jaded teen! We will be back next year, stay on site one night, and go for the next level of thrills.

1  Thank onlypnp
See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We want to thank our group leader Cara, our guides Jason and John for the amazing time we had on Sunday. We booked the high adventure and family adventure for our group, we were really amazed with the professionalism shown by all the staff at River run rafting from the time of the booking. We spoke to Debbie to make our reservation and we had a request with regards to the dietary restrictions for the lunch they were providing and they made sure to provide us with an alternative. We really appreciate your efforts. Jason was very patient and answered all the questions the kids had for him and he made sure to keep us safe. Also John made sure the High adventure run was packed with excitement without making us too nervous. We really enjoyed and thank you for everything!:)