“Great Rafting Adventure”

$197.05*
and up
Ultimate Adventure Whitewater Rafting Ottawa River
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are a first time rafter or a whitewater enthusiast you will find it all right here at RiverRun Rafting and Wilderness Resort. Our fully guided rafting trips, on both channels of the world famous Rocher Fendu rapids of the Ottawa River, range from the gentle Class I - II rapids to the adrenaline rush of Class III - V rapids.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We rafted on Saturday June 15th, 2013! It was a great day and I would go again in a heart beat! RiverRun was the first company in the area going down the main channel, which was awesome! We arrived around 8:00am to get comfortable, make sure we knew where we were going and have enough time to get changed into our wet suits and just relax for a bit! Went through our safety training, then boarded the bus to head up the road! Our trip leader was Bill, he made the safety training fun and not boring! Our Raft Leader was Mel & Kat... They were awesome! Although I was so nervous in the morning I didn't eat breakfast... I would highly recommend eating! Got back around 1:00 or so to an amazing lunch with burgers, hotdogs, salads, cookies, juices.... Yummm! I am thinking about next year already!

Margaret1242, General Manager at RiverRun Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to having you back again next year. I will pass this along to Bill, Mel and Kat.
Thanks again!

"control"
"risks"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am just getting back from my white water rafting 'experience'. The guides were competent,; the briefing clear and well-done; and the outing well organized to a point. The rafts were safe, and I felt (along with my friends) that should we overturn, they would care for us. Some of the rapids are steep, and we did scatter people off the rafts.
But I am not a happy camper because I feel I was unprepared for the very long day, shivering in a very wet, wet suit, under pouring rain, waiting for the many rafts to get through each set of rapids. We stood by for over an hour in the rain and the outing lasted about 4.5 hours.
There was no place at all to get warm once back at camp, and all of us were chilled to the bone. It would be so easy to at least provide a warm-up area. There was a fire place in a corner of the open cafeteria, but open to the wind, so it did nothing much.
My suggestions: unless you like shivering in the cold, select a nice, warm day. Get ready for a long day (driving there and back to Ottawa made it an 11 hour outing). Bring extra tpwels and dry warm clothes to change into. And know that once you have started, there is no turning back, no warming up, until you reach camp.

3  Thank Catherine K

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear that you were made to feel comfortable before your trip. Its unfortunate that the weather didn't cooperate and we will take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was our first white water experience and we were not disappointed. Jake was our guide and although he was hilarious and entertaining, he was also very serious when it came to safety. Our 12 person boat flipped going down "bus ee" and the guides and safety crew were very quick to get to all of us back into the boat. When people from other boats were "tossed" from their boat, Jake was right on top of making sure they too were safe. A very very fun day. From registration, to lunch, to the games area, to the actual rapids and video display - the staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and made sure you had a good time! We will be back!

Thank you very much for the Great Day review! Glade to hear Jake and the rest of our staff made you feel safe and entertained. Looking forward to having you back again. I will pass along your comments to Jake. Thanks again

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went to River Run for a Women's weekend, and we took the High and Ultimate adventure package with the cabin. This deal is so worth it, it rained both nights but we were comfortable. The cabin we rented was 2 double beds and a set of bunkbed. The beds were very comfortable and very clean. We had a bar fridge. Our package included 5 meals and the food was great. The staff is wonderful, one of the guides played music by the fire, there are also many other activities.
As for the rafting, we were all new to rafting so we were a little scared. The guides make you feel very safe and all the boats stay together, be prepared there is alot of paddling to be done. Our first day we had Jake as our guide for the 12 man trip, that was a good way to get used to rafting but the next day we had Kendall for the 6 man trip. The 6 man is so much better and Kendall was an excellent guide, the 6 man boat is lighter so you get tossed around alot more. I will be going back again but for the 6 man trip only. We really enjoyed our weekend, see you next time. I can't wait. Also, they have showers available for after you get back, wetsuits are available for rent and you can buy a video of your trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2013

First timer at white water rafting and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There were 19 of us on the trip and we’re already talking about making it an annual event. The rafting experience was enjoyable, daring but safe and each day our guides were both friendly while at the same time professional and safety conscious throughout. I stayed in a 4-person cabin which was more than satisfactory and represented good value for money at circa $60 for two nights. The food provided was good and I ate very well throughout my stay.

One thing I would say is that I felt that two full days of rafting was not really necessary and that one day would have been more than sufficient as most of us were just going through the motions on day 2 having already experienced the same rapids the previous day.

Overall, a splendid way to spend a weekend and hope to return again real soon for another daring trip down the Ottawa River.