“Best Wedding Ever!”
Review of Wilderness Tours

Wilderness Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness Tours is a 600-acre adventure resort situated on the shores of the Ottawa River. Just an hour west of Ottawa and the National Capital Region, Wilderness Tours is Canada's premier adventure resort. With accomodations and activities for every budget, Wilderness Tours is everyone's ultimate playground. Bungee jump, whitewater raft, rockclimb, kayak, stand-up paddle board, mountain bike, or simply relax on one of our two beautiful beaches. Featuring the best nightlife in the Ottawa Valley, Rafters Restaurant and Bar is the place to be every night of the week. Don't miss our outdoor movie theatre, communal campfires, beach volleyball tournaments, and weekend DJ parties.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have recently gotten married at Wilderness Tours, and it was amazing! We were able to host a four day long affair which included a rafting trip! We will have the best memories imaginable. The accommodations were gorgeous, the pavilion and outdoors made the perfect setting with very little decorations needed due to its natural beauty. The cost was reasonable and the service was amazing! Most importantly we had fun, so much that all of my guest (approx 170) have mentioned that they would like to make Wilderness Tours their annual Vacation Spot!
So, whether you are planning an event or just looking to have a fun filled adventure, Wilderness Tours is highly recommended!

1  Thank Jennifer J
in 18 reviews
"main channel"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow! Couldn't have asked for a better adventure. The tour guides are amazing, the rafting trip was so well organized, the resort is stunning. I will definitely be returning!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went First time and was not sure how the place will turn but as we reached right from reception to Guide and all other staff were so professional and polite and really cant believe such a great culture of hospitality .Our Guide Greg is great guy and he accommodate all over need and really we didn't feel that we were sitting with some strange guy -such a professionalism I don't think I have seen anywhere. Lunch at river side was great me and my daughter was on rafting trip as our son was too young so he stay back at the resort an they did enjoy non rafting activities.
Overall great experience and I recommend this to all.

sharkyh2o, Manager at Wilderness Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your Wilderness Tours adventure with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate all your feedback and comments and have forwarded them to Greg to let him know how he did.

Look forward to seeing you back on the Ottawa River!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have just returned from a mid week high adventure rafting experience and thought it was brilliant. From start to finish the whole thing was excellent, they clearly have a lot of experience in running these type of events and although not organised with regimental efficiency both of the days ran smoothly and were well planned. I liked that the guides were informative without being overbearing, they gave you all the options and then you could decide if you wanted to participate in that particular event or not.

From a safety perspective you are fully briefed on all of the risks and then given the option to sit out or walk around the rapids if you wish. My friends and I wanted to experience some good rapids and a little bit of danger and that is exactly what we got. The river was relatively high but the guides appeared well informed on the river levels and briefed the rafts before we went down each rapid to explain what to do if the raft flipped. On the second day our raft flipped and yes me and my friends swallowed a bit of water, got it up our nose and got bounced about abit in the water but that is why we had decided to go and experience the white water rafting. There are sufficient staff around to ensure that if you are drifting off downstream they will retrive you and bring you back to dry land. I struggle to comprehend the attitude of some reviewers when they complain that they got bumped around in the water or got wet, those are the river conditions and the staff cannot control them.

Accomodation wise we chose to stay in the cedar cabins, although basic they were clean and well maintained, our only minor issue was the showers in the toilet block opposite them weren't very good but they were useable. The food was very good, there certainly was enough for everyone and some of the lunch spots are in some amazingly scenic locations. In the evenings there is a large patio that has a bar and usually some pretty decent live music, most of the staff are about and all of the staff we spoke to from arrival at reception to departure were all very friendly and well informed. When we requested a couple of towels to get showered with at the end of the second day before our drive home they were provided without any question, although a relatively minor point I think it exemplifies the type of service they provide.

All in all it was well organised and safe, couldn't recommend highly enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

July 6th 2013 went Whitewater Rafting at Wilderness Tours Forrester Falls,Ontario on the Mighty Ottawa River to celebrate my brothers 60th birthday this past March ! Excellent adventure for the fit, not faint of heart crowd. We were treated to a full day of fun and excitement with our guide Jim explaining the intracacies of the Ottawa River at various times and depths during the season. We will never forget the Rush of almost standing a twelve man raft on end at the Collesium Rapids . Or body surfing Wai Kiki ( controlled drowning as Jim called it ) All in all great value for the money !
With the twelve person raft we also had the added bonus of meeting three sisters from Newmarket,Ontario that were great sports ( including one of the spills out of the raft ) during the fun filled day !
I would recommend anyone that still considers themselves " Fit " to include this trip on your " Bucket List "

New Liskeard Birthday Crew,

Thanks for bringing the bday crew to visit the Ottawa River. You guys took on the Ottawa River in all its might during our spring run off this year. While all of our rapids in the spring are optional as well as body surfing, you took on the challenge of the adventure and by the sounds of it now have an experience second to none.

From all of the staff at Wilderness Tours we thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again.