“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I guess I don't have previous visits to compare to so my husband & I loved it. So we had to wait for our food but we were kept informed along the way & it was worth the wait. I had the steak pie & my husband had the steak & kidney pudding. He couldn't finish his so I polished it off for him plus had room for some caramel apple pie & custard. We regularly eat out right across the board from michelin starred to naff cafes so I am really surprised by some of the very negative reviews if this quaint country pub. The woods are fab for walkers & cyclists so we plan to go back to enjoy them then go go for lunch before or after at this pub. Seriously get over yourselves reviewers, a small menu is fine.... I can be very very fussy but I managed to find something to eat & enjoyed it thoroughly! Plus the staff were really friendly too.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Stale atmosphere, poor food, unwelcoming staff. Not the pub it used to be, very sad indeed. Could be the heart and soul of Selling, but a pub that is shut Mondays and early on Sunday, the writing is on the wall. Desperately needs a revamp if it's going to survive.

Date of visit: August 2017
4  Thank thierry4258
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Very limited menu, especially if you happen to be Coeliac. Was there with a group that had booked in advance (including menu choices.
Seated in a very nice private section of the pub but the meal was served very separately with my main being totally consumed before others had even received their starters.
The pub welcomes dogs, being in very much of a country location, but I do not appreciate dogs running free where food is being served.
Best point was the log fire!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

This is a really quaint country pub that is unfortunately badly let down by its food, you can tell the ingredients are cheap and it really shows in the food which is pretty poor. Also not sure why they give you a thimble of sauce! Go for a pint but don’t bother with the food.....

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank 843matty
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

We wanted a pub with a log fire and found one. Amazing location and look forward to country walks from here. Food was lovely - steak pie superb. Menu is just right for the sort of pub it is. Good service although it was very quiet just before Christmas when we went. Good choice of real ales. Don't forget your satnav when visiting!

Date of visit: December 2017