Had. Short stay but loved the place it is very peaceful with beautiful views and a very large pool. It has everything you need in a kitchen and more.great local markets with excellent food and nice friendly people. Will need to stay longer next time
As a family we have rented many properties abroad and this is the first time we have had cause to complain and comment on a house and facilities.
1. Pool - On our arrival the pool was green with algae. We were told by the owners, on several occasions, it would be fixed. It was not until the penultimate day that an engineer appeared and after 15 minutes and a few hours to settle, the pool was sorted. I spoke to the engineer who came and he told me it had been a simple job. We were only able to swim in the pool on our last day. We had to go to local lakes to swim.
The area around the pool was untidy and poorly maintained.
2. Cleanliness - When we arrived the house had not been properly cleaned. I asked the owners to send cleaners and this they did. It made a difference. However one bed sheet , which was clearly stained, they did not deal with (even though I asked the cleaners to do so) so we washed it and put it back on the bed.
3. Hot water & water pressure - Water pressure on the property is so poor that only one shower can be used at any time, as I said to the owner, this therefore negates having 6 bathrooms, which I paid a premium for.
4. External broken furniture & pool furniture - it was a disappointment to find only 4 sun loungers for a potential 10 person house (we were a party of 7). The owner advised he would purchase when they were next in France, however latterly after me asking, told me he had ordered extra sun beds online and they would be delivered to the house. Despite me asking for updates on several occasions they never arrived. The outside plastic furniture was mostly cracked or broken.
5. External - Pictures on trip advisor do not correlate with the current landscaping. It's untidy, pot plants empty; general lack of tidiness and upkeep.
As a family, we have rented several houses in France and this is the most expensive, least functional and least desirable. I would never recommend this property to another person.
I stayed here for 10 days in mid April.
This farmhouse is simply beautiful and the weather was lovely too.
The house has everything you need with great facilities and is a perfect location for a family holiday. (The lovely pool was an added bonus)
The surroundings are simply stunning and there are some amazing views from the house (including the Pyrenees mountains)
The house is in a countryside location but the local towns are not far away at all.
The location is perfect with plenty to do and see around the area and just over an hour to the Mediterranean coast. Also it is very easily accessible to several airports in the area making it easy for travelling.
Thank you so much and I will definately be returning.
My wife and I visited in March. Had a really restful time. The owners were simply delightful. They could not do enough for us. We will be re-visiting in the summer.
We stayed here for a week and would thoroughly recommend. The accommodation was really clean and the pool was to die for. Huge kitchen had a fantastic six burner range and a beautiful authentic wooden farmhouse table that seated 8. We could not fault the place. It is situated in an area which is easily accessible to Carcassonne and Toulouse.
Stayed at La Peyre just after the new owners had purchased it. We spent a lovely week there in gorgeous surroundings. The farmhouse and Gites are in a secluded location yet only 15 minutes away from the nearest town. It was still warm in the day time to explore the surrounding woods and when the sun went down we either star gazed or sat round the lovely log fire in the snug. Excellent facilities and a definite home from home.