Bridgend Hotel
Port Askaig Hotel(Port Askaig)
  • Restaurant
Gigha Hotel(Isle of Gigha)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Restaurant
Allt-Na-Craig(Ardrishaig)
$152
Islay House(Bridgend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskatie's barthe hotel managerwonderful hotelvenisonboth breakfast and dinnerate heremain restaurantcomfortable hotellovely atmospherebar menucentral locationspecial thankscouple of nightshotel for dinnerexcellent foodcomfortable loungeboth nights
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed at the Bridgend for 1 night on a business trip, August 2011. When checking in, I was told that the key to my room had gone missing - no real harm done, I thought, so I had a joke about it with the manager who assured me that she would have a key with me shortly. After making numerous attempts to chase this up myself, a replacement was unceremoniously dumped on my dining table, with what may have been a mumbled apology, some 4 hours later, after I was forced to leave my room unlocked to ensure that I didn't lose my 7pm dinner reservation.

My food was well cooked and presented, but it took almost 45 minutes to arrive after my order had been placed. Again there was a barely audible apology for this.

The room itself was small but clean and comfortable, although at £90, rather expensive. The main problem came from the fact that it was located above the kitchen, so I was kept awake until late in the evening by the staff's radio. then I was awoken at about midnight when the staff left - shouting all the way.

At breakfast, despite being the first person to arrive in the dining room (I had an early appointment), I was kept waiting half an hour and still the food which I had ordered, and paid for, had not arrived. I had no option but to leave or I would have been late.

All in all, the food (the food that I managed to actually taste) was nice and the room was comfortable. The service, on the other hand, was dumbfoundingly bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Robert L
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a great hotel, friendly, comfortable and smart without bring snooty. Our rooms were all well appointed and nice. The public rooms were comfortable and traditional if a little cramped in places and of course there is a lovely garden to relax in. The food was great with something for everyone and a range of meals for all budgets and tastes, Very helpful and friendly team. Will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Whilst I didn't stay the night at the Bridgend Hotel I did sample two of delicous meals there. Firstly I had the venision burger which has to go down as one of the best burgers I've had the pleasure of tasting; and I've eaten a lot of burgers in my time! Secondly I had the local haddock and chips which was spot on as well, fantastic! The barstaff and waitresses brought the Ileach charm and were particularly friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend having a meal there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew k
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Bridgend Hotel for a family wedding.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home and that nothing would be too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, the food was amazing and plentiful! Breakfast was again fantastic and there was an array of choice to suit everyone. The full Scottish breakfast was cooked to perfection!

The wedding day itself was amazing, Lorna and her team couldn't do enough to help and the day ran like clockwork. The wedding breakfast was delicious and the portions were by far the biggest I have ever had at a wedding.

It is rare to see a manager who quite clearly loves her job and gives so much attention to detail. So a big thank you to Lorna and her team for looking after us the whole weekend and making us feel so welcome!

Gemma & Paul McCluskie

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Lorna and her staff at Bridgend Hotel were excellent in helping us plan our reception after we got married at Finlaggan. No mean feat as we live in the South of England and only managed one trip to the venue before our wedding!

During this trip we spent an afternoon with Lorna going through the various options of how our day could run, how to set up the tables, what we would do on arrival, order of ceremony and many other aspects. Even going as far as a few special touches and last minute changes of plan!

On the day everything ran like clockwork, our guests arrived to glasses of Champagne and strawberries, the reception room looked wonderful and our glasses were never empty for long. The staff were excellent in the way they treated our guests, the service was exceptional and the food was amazing, generously portioned and locally sourced wherever possible.

The venue itself is spectacular with beautifully kept gardens surrounded by woodland, and as it has recently been refurbished all of the rooms are in excellent condition.

Overall we had a great day at Bridgend, all of our guests were delighted with their stay and nothing was too much bother. It's rare to receive service of this standard and myself and my new wife are already looking forward staying again soon.

If you are looking for a venue for a special event then look no further!

Mr & Mrs Brown