“Coffee, addictive cookies, great food!”
Review of Java Flats

Java Flats
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Kodiak
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: At Java Flats we take pride in handcrafting wholesome and delectable meals and providing a relaxed and cozy atmosphere for you to enjoy. Serving gourmet sandwiches and soups, scrumptious salads, specialty coffee drinks, and fresh baked goodies, we welcome you to stop in for a quick bite to go, or a leisurely meal. We offer our breakfast and lunch menus from open till 3 p.m., so feel free to fulfill that breakfast-for-lunch hankering in the afternoon, or pick up a sandwich to take for lunch first thing in the morning. We bake daily, so a hot-out-of-the-oven cookie might just be awaiting your nibble right now! Enjoy it with a cup of locally roasted brew and head out the road for your own special style of Kodiak adventure.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Java Flats is a little coffee house eatery and it's worth stopping here to grab a cup, a cookie and a bite to eat. We were greeted with a warm smile and lots of help as we decided on our order. I had a breakfast sandwich made into a wrap, Scott had a make-it-yourself breakfast sandwich. We enjoyed a cup of coffee and munched on a cookie while we waited. The food was served fairly quickly and with an ample fruit garnish that was basically a side. The coffee was excellent and did I mention the cookies? They are huge and perfectly baked. Lots of choices and no skimping on the add ins - huge nuts, tons of chips, coconut, dried cherries, depending on the variety you choose. Do yourself a big favor and eat here :)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've had the opportunity to head to Kodiak for business over the past two years, and on the first visit I was introduced to Java Flats. Thank you Nick!!

This unassuming location gives you great food at reasonable prices. I've enjoyed breakfast, lunch, coffee, and cookies. Everything I've had has been beyond expectations - how do they provide such fresh fruits and vegetables on the island at such good prices?

Breakfast: There are a number of options, but I wanted something light. I grabbed a regular cup of coffee which itself was tremendous. When selecting what I thought was a small light meal (the granola, $6) - i discovered that I was going to have a challenge completing the meal. I had yogurt along with the granola, and it was smothered in berries and bananas. Lunch could be ignored after this meal.

Lunch: While the options are wide ranging, I have stuck with the Streamside (smoked salmon on a bagel with spinach, red onions and smoked salmon cream cheese). Every time it has been excellent. The spinach is fresh, and the salmon even more so. Recently I had the corn chowder as my side, and was equally pleased. A little spicy, but not overly. Very good.

Coffee: You can get a regular cup, or a custom latte, cappuccino or espresso. It takes a little time but the wait is worth it. Always very tasty.

COOKIES: You must get a cookie. After the large meal you might not be able to finish it, but they are good even later for that afternoon snack you always want.

I always ensure I visit Java Flats at least once when on the island.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was on my way to the airport when someone told me to check out Java Flats, so I made an extra stop and loved it. I had a lovely bowl of soup. What a cute place, nice atmosphere, definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went on a Sunday at lunch time. It was very crowded, with the line to place your order extending outside the door. It's popularity indicated it must be a good choice, which turned out to be correct. Once inside, we were able to find a table and the wait for our order was reasonable.

The place is a few miles outside of town towards the airport, and we drove past it twice without noticing it. However, there's not much else on the road.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

stopped there by accident I was just hungry an passed it. what a find, the service was good and friendly, the place clean and the chowder was very good. put it on your list and don't forget to get a cookie, the peanut butter is not to be missed but all the others looked great. they have wi fi and when I left the line was out the door. the locals really flock there.

1  Thank airportcarrie n