“Incredible Trip!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingfisher Aviation

Kingfisher Aviation
More attraction details
Owner description: Bear Viewing Tours and Floatplane Service on Kodiak Island since 1998. We operate small custom tours in our Bush Hawk floatplanes from the city of Kodiak to the Kodiak Refuge and Katmai National Park.
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Incredible Trip!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the first review I have ever written, ever...but must for my experience with Kingfisher Aviation. From my initial contact with Kyle to arrange the trip, preparing to fly out to the Katmai Coast, the flight and bear viewing and flight back Kyle was very friendly, knowledgeable, professional and a great pilot! I was equally impressed with the type plane they use and the condition of it, and their facilities. I highly recommend Kingfisher for your trip!! Andy M

Visited August 2013

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The flight to get to the Katmai Coast was amazing! Once we arrived we waded into bear fishing territory and watch seven magnificent brown bears fish for humpies. On the flight back we watched for whales and got a spectacular show from a beautiful humpback! This is a must do!

Visited August 2013

Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frazier Lake Bear Viewing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I had a great trip in Kodiak. It was out first time in a seaplane and trip could not have been smoother. The bears were amazing. We got to watch as the moms fished and the babies played in the water. I would repeat this trip in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2013

1 Thank Jeffrey M
Dana Point, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bear viewing /flight sightseeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I took my 13 year old son to Kodiak, Alaska for five nights this past June. The exact dates we were in Kodiak were June 14-19. I scheduled a private sightseeing with Kingfisher about a month prior, recommended because there are only 3 seats for passengers and it can fill. The weather is totally unpredictable, and excursions will cancel if there is fog. Thank god we went out the first day we arrived in Kodiak, because every day after that, all flights into Kodiak (and flight excursions) were cancelled in the morning due to fog, which lifts very quickly around 11 a.m. Kyle has very good intuition about weather patterns and bear locations, due to his experience, and recommended we fly out on the bear excursion that first day while it was still sunny (we were supposed to have flown 2nd day, which would have been not possible due to fog). Once in the air, amazing. We flew over gorgeous glacial ice fields, mountains covered in spruce, and very low over the remote beaches of Katmai National Park. The bears were all over the beach, clamming (it was too early for salmon run, so the bears were most easily spotted on the beach rather than the streams). He makes water landing by the beach next to the bears, so you can see them very close up, in their natural state, really cool stuff. Pricey though, but I am 100 percent sure that this is the best way to insure that you will see bears, as the places where they dwell are basically inaccessible by car and hiking or hanging around Kodiak outlying areas hoping to find them outside of Kodiak would be really luck-of-the-draw. Kyle was really a great pilot and you will feel very safe in his hands, he knows what he is doing and like I mentioned before, good sense of where the bears are, and the shifting weather, well, as much as you can in unpredictable nature wonderland that is wild Alaska.

Visited June 2013

1 Thank miakim
Suffolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bear watching experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had two trips with Kingfisher on consecutive days end of July. Kyle was our excellent pilot and guide, firstly to Frazer Lake and then to the Katmai coast. We saw bears fishing on both trips and also spotted many more from the air. It was such a special experience seeing wild animals in quiet, fantastic surroundings without the crowds that come with some bear watching experiences . We saw humpback whales, glaciers, and wonderful views. This was one of the top highlights of our six week trip to Alaska and we would highly recommend Kingfisher for their knowledge and experience.

Visited July 2013