“Great Hospitality from a Great Family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kodiak Adventures Lodge - Larry Carroll

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak
Kodiak Adventures Lodge - Larry Carroll
Murphy, Texas
“Great Hospitality from a Great Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I went on my first Kodiak Deer hunt not knowing what to expect. The lodge was excellent, the view spectacular and the Carroll family were the best hosts you can imagine. Don't go looking to lose weight, Mrs. Carrolls cooking is fabulous....I gained 4 lbs even after walking 4 miles each day up and down the brushy Kodiak hills. About mid week, I used the sauna and it was amazing the difference that made in my step the next day. The Deer hunt was successful, better weather produced better opportunity. I hope to be able to go back again soon and next time do some Halibut fishing and Duck hunting as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
larry C, Owner at Kodiak Adventures Lodge - Larry Carroll, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Shelly the boys and I work hard to make sure everyone who comes to Kodiak Adventures Lodge feel like family.
This group just made it that much easier for us as they all had great attitudes and were true outdoorsman.
We love having new friends by the end of the week.
Thanks guys for the great week we had with you.!!!! God Bless Texas !!!!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I brought my daughter to join my Dad, Uncle, and Cousin to the Carroll family's Kodiak Adventures Lodge in Aug '13... We arrived via float plane, dropped of our bags in the cabin, and joined the guys on the boat with Larry at the helm and his son James helping us with the fishing gear. After I caught the first rather small halibut of the day, my uncle pulled in a nice 50 pounder. As soon as Larry helped pull it in the boat, I caught a 67inch halibut that weighed 155lbs. Larry and his family did everything to make sure we had a wonderful trip. Shelly is a great cook and their boys, James and Sam, were awesome helpers. While in a remote, remote location, we enjoyed warm showers, great home made meals, and a nice fire in our room each night. We especially enjoyed the wilderness views and pure nature surrounding us. I hope to bring more family members to visit the Carrolls again in the coming years.

Room Tip: All the rooms had ocean/mountain views. Each morning and for dinner, we ate in the lodge which is b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We have the best clients !!!! Sharing Kodiak with them is what we enjoy doing.
Making new friends is what keeps us going. Seeing people's faces light up when they see their first whale , eagle, sea otter or catch that fish of a lifetime is priceless and we feel privileged that they chose Kodiak Adventures Lodge. We try not to ever take that for granted.
Blanco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

A fishing adventure supreme. Four buddies to Alaska with dreams of big fish. All four caught "personal best" fish -- three king salmon (the biggest at 62 lbs) and halibut at 77 lbs. The lodge is excellent. Relaxation after the "hard day of fishing," as your catch-of-the-day is prepared, was so nice. Scenery from the panorama windows -- superb. The Carroll family really strive to make their guest feel comfortable, all while providing great fishing in a pristine setting. They succeed at all levels.

My only concern of writing a stronger endorsement is there may not be availability when I want to come back!!!

Room Tip: I can't figure out how to delete the reviews of the pool and room service -- neither apply to th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have always wanted to be able to share my love of the outdoors with my wife. Kodiak Adventures made my wish come through. I got to watch my wife catch a 40 pound White King. Larry was great with her and she got the fish in the boat. What an experience. The whole trip was amazing. This is the only trip I have been on the lived up to what I expected. We had a great time with our friends. Larry, Shelly and the boys made us feel at home and were wonderful hosts. We plan on going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Kodiak Adventures Lodge is my favorite place to stay in Alaska. As soon as you arrive at the Lodge, you're greeted by the Carroll family and feel right at home. The rooms are spacious and homey feeling, and the view is unparalleled. We were awakened each morning to beautiful views of mountains, sea lions swimming past, and seals trying to figure out what we were up to. The food was delicious and there was always a pot of water on the stove so that you could make a hot cup of tea. I was amazed by the wildlife that we could see right from the Lodge! I would recommend staying at Kodiak Adventures Lodge to anyone looking for the true Alaskan experience, and already have plans for a return trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our second trip to Kodiak Adventures Lodge, and it led to us booking two more trips back in the near future. If you haven't been to Kodiak Island, you are missing out on one of the most pristine places in the world. At the lodge, you are met by some of the most gracious people we have ever met, that strive to fulfill all of your needs. They want to make your stay/trip as comfortable and fulfilling as possible. The food is excellent, the lodge has a hominess feel about it, the rooms are comforting, and the rest of the amenities are top notch. I would like to explore other parts of the island, but just can't give up Kodiak Adventures Lodge and the Carroll Family because I know I am getting the trip and lodging that I want.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kyle S
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a find, great people,great acomidations,great time. The lodge is clean ,comfortable, everything you could want ,hot shower at the end of the day after fishing. Great food, all made fresh every day. All equipment was furnished, all I needed was my personal gear. Their fishing equipment was good ,the boat was great to fish out of. The view out the lodge window is better than a postcard, abundant wildlife to see. Larry,Shelly, and the boys make you at home and part of the family. Caught lots of fish. I am going back. They do everything they say they are going to do. Only saw one other boat the whole week I was there. Only a20 mintute boat ride til your fishing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodiak
BEST WESTERN Kodiak Inn and Convention Center
Cranky Crow Bed and Breakfast

Been to Kodiak Adventures Lodge - Larry Carroll? Share your experiences!