“Feeling like at home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gourdon
Gourdon Schoolhouse B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Gourdon B&B and Inns
“Feeling like at home”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We spent here just one night but it was enough to feel completely like at home. The rooms were fabulous and really comfortable and the breakfast was delicious beyond magnificent! Lorna is a perfect householder, really friendly and willing, we projected to go bed early and leave in the first morning but both the night and the morning we lingered with her talking about everything and it was simply fantastic! And, in the end, you need to know that is the B&B with the best musical choice in the whole Scotland!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here on a recent cycling trip, from Edinburgh to Aberdeen.
Lorna is a fantastic friendly host, who keeps a clean and comfortable B&B.
We had the sea view room and were lucky enough to have a clear day on arriving to enjoy the fabulous view out to sea.
Room, bed and bathroom, were all great, and would recommend this b&b to anyone touring this area on business or pleasure.
Bikes were locked away safe, leaving us nothing to worry about except enjoying our stay, which we did, thoroughly.
We ate at Hornblowers, which was a steep walk down but well worth the effort.

Room Tip: Seaview room has wonderful views on a good day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely B & B, great welcome from Lorna. Very clean, tidy and relaxed. Nice room with a wonderful view out over the water. Plentiful and tasty breakfast. Bathroom is separate but this was not an issue. Great location for access to many of the east coast towns and villages and to get away from the hustle and bustle of life in general.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Königseggwald
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is really a very nice Guesthouse. Everything was clean and very cosy. Lorna is a lovely person. The breakfast was delicious and much to chosse from. We had a great time there, the place is really good for travelling East Cost.
Thanks Lorna!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Save yourself the hassle of heading up to Aberdeen to stay in a B&B or hotel, just stay a few miles down south in Gourdon.

Lovely host, lovely view, and a quiet, scenic bit of Scottish coastline, the best B&B we visited in our trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the first time I’ve used a guest house for business in years and to be honest I was wary as I’m so programmed to stay in hotels for work that I didn’t know how this was going to work out for me.

The main reason for picking The Gourdon Schoolhouse was its location to where I had a meeting. And the good things I had read on trip advisor which served me well.

I have to say I was the best place I have stayed in years. The house is a really beautifully presented and really homely and cosy, Lorna the landlady is fantastically friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. I have to say I really enjoyed my stay, so much so that I must go back there in the summer with my wife as Gourdon is a very beautiful place. And I’d like my wife to meet Lorna.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chesterfield
Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you're ever in the area, use this place! The B&B is like a Tardis, doesn't look much from the outside, but Lorna has a beautiful home and the rooms she 'lets' are a reflection of her taste. Spotlessly clean everywhere, great views over the harbour and a luxurious breakfast to suit all tastes. Lorna is a wonderful, friendly host and can't do enough for you (even provided hot water bottles for cold feet!). I can't recommend the place enough. Gourdon may not be on everyone's list of places to visit, but it's a perfect centre for anyone who wants to tour the area, and you will NOT find any B&B to surpass this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gourdon
Glenesk Hotel
Woodside of Glasslaw Guest House
Seaforth Guesthouse
Seaforth Guesthouse
#14 of 18 in Montrose

Been to Gourdon Schoolhouse B&B? Share your experiences!