“Perfect Host, Perfect B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gourdon
Gourdon Schoolhouse B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Gourdon B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you're ever in the area, use this place! The B&B is like a Tardis, doesn't look much from the outside, but Lorna has a beautiful home and the rooms she 'lets' are a reflection of her taste. Spotlessly clean everywhere, great views over the harbour and a luxurious breakfast to suit all tastes. Lorna is a wonderful, friendly host and can't do enough for you (even provided hot water bottles for cold feet!). I can't recommend the place enough. Gourdon may not be on everyone's list of places to visit, but it's a perfect centre for anyone who wants to tour the area, and you will NOT find any B&B to surpass this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights here (first time in a B & B for a very long time!) and was very impressed.
Lorna is a lovely host. Accommodation was 5* - wonderfully clean with a very comfortable bed, very warm with a log fire, spotlessly clean shower room and a great breakfast with a fantastic views. Absolutely perfect. Homemade wine was good too.... I was visiting the area researching my family history and decided to pick Lorna's B & B because of the glowing reviews (the photo's looked good too). It's my pleasure to add my review. Hopefully on my return the weather will be kinder......
All the best Lorna

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Lorna, we will never forget you. The cosy rooms with the wonderful bed and a view over the rough Scottish sea was a pleasure. Lorna was always there if we was in need. She did a whiskey tasting and Glühwein for us. We could reach a lot of nice castles and monuments from there and thanks to Lorna, we got the best route. The bathroom was like new and so nice. It was all in all a wonderful stay. Thanks again

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Gourdon is a lovely quiet place on the sea, and so is this B&B. Actually, it never was a schoolhouse and is no purpose built B&B house either, but it is a normal family home, and so you feel like being with friends at their home. Lorna is very friendly and gives lots of informations, and the breakfast (in her own dining room with wonderful views to the North Sea) is superb. The watertank next to the single room upstairs is a little bit noisy, but Lorna cares to switch it out at night so your sleep is not disturbed. A service I never have had before was the text message Lorna sent me after my booking with an exact description how to find her house - that was really great!
Please be aware that upstairs, you share the bathroom not with other guests but with Lorna herself and so you get quite close to the host's private sphere. Until then, I didn't have this experience in any other B&B in 25 years travelling the British Isles. As there were no other guests at my time, Lorna very obligingly used the bathroom downstairs, and I had her bathroom for myself. So I had very good value for money - thanks again, Lorna!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Just got home and decided l must share my experience with everybody else. The house is immaculate, the room was comfortable and Lorna was an exellent host. The breakfast was prepared to my likeing and set me up for the rest of the day. The gem everyone must discover is the view of the harbour and coastline from the house and gardens. l will be going back with my wife so she can experience this wonderfull establishment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

have just returned from here and must say it was excellent. and lorna was a great and friendly host and nothing was to uch trouble for her.the views and decoration were brilliant
thanks lorna

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Just spent a great night visiting relatives in Inverbervie , made all the better by the hospitatality and comfort shown to us by Lorna at Gourdon Schoolhouse B&B. Would recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation in Gourdon or surrounding area. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatDGlasgow

Been to Gourdon Schoolhouse B&B? Share your experiences!