“what a comforting place!”

Chapters Deli Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Stokesley
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came to Chapters for the first time about 3 or 4 years ago. I was disappointed. Service was slow, staff were disappointing, and the food was vile. However, after hearing some friends were overjoyed by their visit a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to give Chapters another chance.
Thank goodness I did!
It was a beautiful atmosphere, and a staff were very welcoming. I especially loved the colour scheme. I was seated immediately, and offered a drink. The service was good, but a little slow whilst waiting for my meal. It was rather busy, however. When my food came, I was delighted at the carbonara pasta placed infront of me!
I eneded the experience with a coffee, which was experts standard. I shall definitely be coming to Chapters soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Having been told in the hotel that the food was not that good I wasn't expecting much but decided to try it anyway as it looked quite lively.
To my surprise the food was excellent. I started with the Buffalo Mozzarella which was served with tomato an garlic bread. Very tasty although a little too cold for my liking, obviously having been chilled.
Onto the main course, Sea Bass, and two good sized fillets served with salad. An excellent choice as it turned out and thoroughly enjoyable. Service was prompt despite being very busy and the staff friendly and efficient. Recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tea Time special - two courses for £8.95 you really can't go wrong - the food really is lovely it is just a shame about the service at times - but I think this can depend on what day (though no excuse). My partner and I have been many times and always had a great meal and non intrusive service, however when I went with a small party of colleagues the service was dreadful. Despite clearing the tables around us, after at least 20 mins of us finishing our food we had to practically shout for a waitress to clear our plates - at which point she said that she thought we were still eating! We gave up on desserts and coffees as was getting quite late by this point. But the food really is good and great value (thoroughly recommend the mussels). Give it a go.... but dont expect amazing service.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our brunch today. Anna behind the bar is brilliant and cant do enough to please. Full english breakfast was excellent and my wifes Eggs Benedict will be my new favourite. Read other comments and cant believe its the same place!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

What a shame, this used to be a nice place to eat but since my last visit it has gone seriously downhill and I won't be going back.
Waited over ten minutes but when we still had not been acknowledged I had to go and ask to be served. It was irritating to see staff standing around ignoring our attempts to attract attention.
Food took over half an hour to arrive.
Chicken was old and tough and inedible.
Service was very poor.
Condiments served in plastic packets- always a bad sign.
A real shame as this place used to be a delight.