“Tasty Food and Good Service!”

Chapters Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stokesley
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had a Great meal tonight! The Steak was cooked to perfection and the Pate was just as good! Friendly young staff. Well done! It was our first visit and we will be back in the near future. Just not enough space for dessert.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Kaalgatjoe

Thank you for taking the time to write the great review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel & Restaurant

I have passed your great comments onto the whole team and especially to the Victoria and her team

It is great news to see that you will be back and we do look forward to seeing you then

There are newer reviews for Chapters Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed at Chapters last night and had the gourmet evening deal . The price included the room with sparkling wine and petit fours in it on arrival. Three course evening meal and breakfast . This was an exceptional deal . The food was amazing, the staff and service excellent . I highly recommend this hotel and particularly this deal. Faultless

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline W

Dear Caroline W

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent experience of the Gourmet Night Special Package, we offer at Chapters

We are over the moon to see that you have enjoyed your time and we have passed your positive comments onto the whole team

We do look forward to seeing you again in the near future..

Reviewed July 3, 2014

When I stay away from home I like to find an independent hotel as opposed to the chain hotels as I like a little more individuality and like to support the independents as I have previously worked at one.

This hotel is very nice, really lovely town and beautiful building. The room was comfortable and clean but far too hot and I had difficulties getting the window to stay open. The breakfast looked good although I did not partake in a lot of it as I'm not really a breakfast person! I would have preferred some other fruit available e.g. grapefruit but this is a minor personal want.

My only gripe is that every person I had contact with was either on the extreme end of formal or just barely acknowledged my presence. It would appear given other reviews that this must be either my interpretation of events or that I stayed on an "off" day but I probably wouldn't stay there again as I appreciate a nice cheery smile and a "hello" when I enter reception not just being looked at and then the person just putting their head down again. This put me off asking for recommendation of where to eat (I stayed on a night when the restaurant was closed) as I already felt like a bother.

Like I said, minor personal niggle really I'm sure as otherwise it was a unique and interesting hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunny_Tigs

Dear Sunny_Tigs

We do thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel. We have tried to contact you personally to understand what happened during your stay.

We have spoken at length with all our staff and we hope by highlighting your comments, our service to all guests will have improved....

We do hope that you give us another chance to change your opinion of Chapters Hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Visited the restaurant again on Wednesday with two new people and they came away saying that they will be back , as we will be . Once again the food was out of this world ,staff brill cheers guys .
Looking forward tot he JAMES BOND night in August 2014 .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Redstaraz

Thank you so much for the lovely review and we are over the moon to hear that you are joining us for the James Bond Evening in August, which should prove to be a fantastic night too.

I have passed your comments onto the whole team and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I decided to book a lunchtime meal for a "big birthday" celebration at Chapters, on a friend's recommendation - as I was in the area, I popped in and booked in person. I was impressed with the warm welcome at reception, and so immediately booked a room for the night as well.
We arrived yesterday for our meal, with close family and friends. The service was excellent - the staff were so attentive and professional, and everyone was at ease throughout. We had all travelled from different parts of the country, so were delighted to have a lovely meal, without feeling rushed. The food was absolutely first class, and everyone was catered for.

We had a smaller group for a meal yesterday evening - again the food was excellent, and despite a large wedding party also being catered for, we felt we were important to the staff, and again were impressed by the service we received.
Our room had everything we needed, and we had an undisturbed night, despite being prepared for some noise from the wedding party (who also appeared to be having a lovely time!)

Breakfast this morning was lovely, I had a light meal of smoked haddock and poached egg, while my husband had a full english, with local produce.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and felt every detail was considered, and the highest standards displayed by all staff. We would definitely visit again, and I have no hesitiation in recommending a stay and meals at this lovely little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 4, which was directly over the reception area. We didn't experience any noise, but w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Earthintruder

Thank you for the lovely review you have wrote about your recent stay here at Chapters

We always enjoy receiving new guests, especially when they have been recommended too.... I have passed your comments onto the whole team and really appreciate you taking the time to write this.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our night away in this cosy and friendly hotel. The service was very good, the room very comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice. We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but we have eaten there before and I can definitely recommend it too. We did stay on a Saturday night and there was a bit of noise from downstairs (albeit it seemed to quieten down after midnight) but it's not a massive hotel and therefore we were near the ground floor so it's only to be expected and we still slept very well. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Simon003,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.....

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us recently and we do look forward to seeing you again in the near future...

I have passed your comments onto the whole team

Rachel

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I spent a night here on business. Nice light airy room.
The resturant had a good selection. I had a risotto as a starter - with asparagus and garden veg. The main was an excellent belly pork.
Breakfast was freshly cooked. It was good and the twn is charming.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SouthamptonStarlight

Dear Southampton

Thank you for taking the time write this review.

We are over the moon to see that you have enjoyed our new menu and that your stay was enjoyable too...

I have passed your comments onto the team

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Rachel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stokesley
Wainstones Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel

Been to Chapters Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!