“Wine & Mead”

and up
Niagara Wine and Mead Experience
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Beamsville
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Thoroughly impressed with our trip here. Fun, quirky little winery. Really well maintained grounds, very beautiful estate. The wines were fairly pleasant. A few I didn't care for BUT the rest of my group were fanatical for all of the samples (may have just been an off day for my palette, as we bought a few bottles and I very much enjoyed them later). AND semillon! What a treat for me, as I love the white Bordeaux grapes, which you rarely see in canada (ou la la, tres bien!)The staff was friendly and really strived to suggest wines that would suit us. We will be back to rosewood estates, next time for the mead as well!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ask for Sylvia.
She is fun.
Joined us for a drink too.
Very interesting person and will play along if you want.
She made sure we had fun while we learned about the wines.
This is a good one.
It's very small and not a lot of other people which is good.
Enjoy! We did buy a bottle here!

1  Thank wasntme58
Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you've ever read Shakespeare and tales of knights and ladies and wondered what mead was, now is the time to discover for yourself. Stop at Rosewood Estates Winery and get a taste or two of this honey wine and, if you like it, you can take home a bottle. Rosewood is one of the few meaderies I've ever heard of, and I couldn't wait to try a sample of their product. They have a few meads, plain and those infused with fruits. In addition to mead, they have an impressive array of white and red wines. We bought their Chardonnay, an oaky, buttery masterpiece. What heaven. The staff is friendly, passionate about their calling, and happy to take time with guests and their questions. The grounds are lovely as well. What a gem.

1  Thank enjay0
Reviewed January 16, 2013

You do not have to drive far from Toronto or Mississauga to learn about and enjoy great wine right from Ontario, at Rosewood Estates Winery. The people at Rosewood are knowledgeable about their wine and honey, and clearly enjoy sharing their passion with visitors! They are incredibly cheerful and will make sure any visitors leave with even more appreciation for wines from Ontario. It is too bad more people don't realize what beautiful scenery and high quality wines Ontario offers, particular at Rosewood Estates Winery!

1  Thank Dubbs0186
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a huge fan of chardonnay and find it difficult to find one at a reasonable price and high quality, but Rosewood's is great. We love to visit the Niagara wineries and this is definitely one of our top 5! I love the smell of honey when you walk in the door. The red wines are all great too! Well worth a visit!

3  Thank bbperegrines