“One of the best Wines in Niagara Region”

Thirty Bench Wine Makers
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Beamsville
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the first true boutique wineries in Niagara, with vineyards first planted in 1980, Thirty Bench has hit full stride in the last few years with the focus on small lots of low-yield handcrafted wines. The winery has earned numerous accolades, including Cuvée Gold (2011) and two consecutive top-10 finishes at the Canadian Wine Awards. Single-block, old-vine Rieslings are the soul of Thirty Bench; equally fine reds and Chardonnays have also emerged since the 2005 vintage. A visit to the wood-clad winery, or joining their mailing list, is the best way to access the winery's new and library wines.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of the best Wines in Niagara Region”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went 7 years ago to this vineyard and ever since this winery is on my top list every year to visit. Thirty Bench produces small lots and basically is not a mass production. Their signature wines are the small lot Riesling and bench mark Red. I visited them yesterday and had a great time testing their new releases.

Visited July 2013

Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wow, three people went out of their way to serve my 7 friends and I. They were charming and so much fun. I will be a fan of this vineyard forever now. Other vineyards in the area should take note of their customer service!

Visited June 2013
Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This winery is a small gem that ranks among the top houses from just about anywhere in the world. Their attention to detail in wine making process and their small lot attitude makes them stand out. I have taken a bottle or two with me on my trips to Eastern Europe and have shared them with friends and without exception they have all said how outstanding the quality was. The wine is indeed quality.

Visited April 2013
476 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 403 helpful votes
“Did 3 this was by far the best.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Last time I did the pig boys Pellar, trius.
We travelled a bit to Beamsville (About 40min from Niagara on the lake towards TO)
They were very friendly here.
Margarette made it a blast. She was very informative and then kept giving us different wines to compare (No not glasses just samples). We should have had 4 to compare and probably did 7.
Another gentleman came over to answer a question we asked Margarette. He was fun too!
The view is awsome. Atmosphere was terrific. They treat you great. By far the best one we went to and we bought 2 bottles of wine so it paid off.
FYI we liked at least 4 wines (It seems I do like Rieslings. I never did before).
We settled for our favorite 2.
I have always found Niagara wines missing something.
Not here. I would be happy with at least 4 of the 7 wines we tasted.
(No I'm not a friend or relative).
It's worth the drive.
Not as busy as the big boys, a lot of fun and good wine too.
There are a few others in the area.
We also enjoyed one of the other 2 but this was our fav.

Visited May 2013
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem Winery in Beamsville!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

There is a Wine Country Touring Pass $20 for 4 Wineries: Peller Estates, Trius Winery at Hillebrand, Wine Country Vinters and Thirty Bench Wine Makers. I needed to pick up my pass in one of these places. It was my 1st time to visit this winery. Compared to other Niagara Fall wineries, the place was cozier. But the staffs were very friendly and professional. This touring pass gave 5 samples of their wine. The staff did an excellent job to explain all the details. According to them, most of their grapes were handpicked. As the result, their wine price was in the premium price range. I found it was too pricey for my comfort zone.

Visited November 2012