“Wow! Loved My Anniversary Weekend at the House”

The House by the Side of the Road
Ranked #1 of 4 Beamsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Last weekend, my husband and I had the pleasure of staying at "The House". Christine and Larry our hosts were wonderful. They paid attention to every dealtail and made sure we got to do everything we wanted. Our spacious master bedroom and deluxe ensuite bathroom was gorgeous. Loved the back door to the wrap around porch. The breakfasts were out of this world. The location was super. Right in the heart of attractions in the beautiful vineland country. Very very nice. I would recommend to all. Ann & Larry T

Room Tip: Very popular place. Book early to have your choice of rooms. All Lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann T
There are newer reviews for The House by the Side of the Road

Reviewed May 20, 2014

In Oct. of 2013; I had a work contract that required me to be in the area one or two times a month. I was tired of staying in a hotel and decided to find a B&B so that my visits would be more like home.

My work days are long but Larry and Christine are a great help in providing me with a comfortable welcoming environment from a long day. The room is great and The breakfasts are fantastic!!! It makes my work visits very enjoyable and great work vacations.

My contract is coming to an end but I will continue to come to the B&B for many years to come. Thank you Larry and Christine

Rose Martin

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time at this B&B when we visited at the end of March with friends and family. This is a spacious home with attention to detail and luxury from the minute we entered this home! The room we stayed in was beautiful with temperature/light controlled fireplace, very comfortable large bed and double shower heads in the bathroom. The main livingroom is a large Grand Room with beautiful fireplace / night time ambient lighting. The dining room table had an amazing colorful spread with amazing gourmet breakfast served hot, with optional double espresso, various juices and an amazing delicious yogurt topping that complimented the fruit dish!! Whip Cream French Toast was fantastic !! Sausage and bacon was served hot. The kitchen was simply beautiful, unique & very contemporary with granite throughout. The granite counter top between the kitchen and dining room also provided a convenient option that would allow us to sit, eat / have drinks. They also offered a great wine tour of 6 local wineries along with a spirit tour that specialized in gin rye and vodka! We will definitely return and highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Biggerplace
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I spent one amazing night at this B&B on the long weekend and it was absolutely perfect! Christine & Larry were the perfect hosts, they made our stay very special. First, when I called to inquire about a reservation Christine mentioned that she had just finished a new room ("Martini room") and thought that we would really like it, I took her word for it and we certainly were not disappointed. The room was very tastefully decorated and quite modern, the king size bed was huge! When I called to make the reservation I mentioned that we had plans to attend a theme night at a local winery "The Good Earth" and asked if Chris could help me make arrangements for transportation to and from the event, she mentioned that she and her husband were also attending the event and that we could go with them (so sweet!). When we arrived Chris showed us around the Inn and helped us feel right at home, she suggested that we check out the winery across the street as they had a cheese vendor visiting that day and that guests of the B&B received a free wine tasting. We certainly made our way over right after dropping off our bags and checking out our room. We returned a little while later with an amazing wedge of gourmet cheese and a couple bottles of wine! We asked Monica (Christine's amazing neice) if we could have some ice to cool our wine and a plate for our cheese so that we could enjoy it on the veranda, she quickly came back with an amazing tray filled with grapes, heirloom tomatoes, crackers and our wedge of cheese, we couldn't have asked for more! After enjoying a beautiful dinner at a local winery, we spent some more time on the peaceful veranda enjoying the porch swing before turning-in to our beautiful room. We awoke to the smell of an amazing gourmet breakfast made with local ingredients and an endless supply of incredible coffee. We couldn't have asked for a more hospitable stay at House by the Side of the Road. We also enjoyed meeting Christine & Larry's adorable 10-week old twin Yorkies! If your looking for a quick break from reality then this is surely the place for you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahMJ85
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner is a real stickler when it comes to finding the right spots when we travel. My partner and I only had a day off work and were able to squeeze in a two night stay at Chris and Larry's warm and welcoming home. They were so gracious about us driving in after 11pm and leaving a few days later at 6am! Chris made SPECTACULAR breakfasts both days and they were both so helpful when it came to planning our bike tour of the wineries.

We are both so excited to have come across this beautiful gem in Beamsville and look forward to many more visits in the near future!

And the puppies!!!!! Oh the puppies!

It already has that home away from home feel for us both - Thank you Chris and Larry!!!!!

-Ioanna and Gavin

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On July 5th and 6th, 2013 (the night before my wedding, and the night of my wedding), I had the pleasure of staying here. My fiance had done endless amounts of research to make sure we were staying in the most suitable place for our needs, so we were confident everything would be great. I could have NEVER expected it to be as amazing as it was. It was an experience and a memory, not just a stay. We were treated like royalty, and the English Manor Suite is one of the nicest, if not the nicest room I have EVER stayed in. Breakfast was indescribable. The grounds, a separate entrance, and ensuite that could fit 10 people. My entire bridal party got ready in the one room and ensuite without ever feeling confined...I could go on and on. But truly just wanted to say that I couldn't recommend this little gem more, and hope to go back every year for our Anniversary. Thank you Monica and Christine!!

Room Tip: Brides - the English Manor Suite is a MUST have!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pinkaingeal
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The rooms are very clean and roomy and well appointed and the grounds were lovely. The breakfasts however needed some work. We we travelling with family and for some it was their first B and B experience and we felt that the breakfasts were average. Having been to several b and bs we are used to freshly baked goods and a lot of food. This was not the case and while the food was ok it was not up to B and B standards. The hosts did not make the food and were not around during breakfast (upon arrival the host said that thy were trying a new process for breakfast so we understand that there might be some "growing pains"). Also on the website it was advertised that coffee and or juice tray would be delivered before breakfast but this was not the case. There was also some confusion with billing upon checkout which the owner apologized for but it was confusing.

Overall our experience was ok and as mentioned the rooms were very nice but breakfasts needed some work.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Careergirl_76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beamsville
Capri Inn
Jordan House Hotel
Jordan House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Jordan
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Super 8 Grimsby Ontario
Inn On The Twenty
Inn On The Twenty
#1 of 3 in Jordan

Been to The House by the Side of the Road? Share your experiences!