“Food for anyone to enjoy!”
Review of Root 8

Root 8
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Beamsville
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We went for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal, cali wings for an app. mac and cheese, vege burger, and one of the bowls. Surprise... their licenced, enjoyed wine and local beer too! Too full for dessert but that was tempting. Thanks for the super good healthy options!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

As a vegan and gluten free individual, I was beyond estatic to find a place like Root 8 that has both. I dont even have to think about what I'm ordering. It is amazing. Thr flavours are delicious, everything tastes fresh and foods are creative.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I work in the area and have been dying to try Root 8, as I have heard nothing but great reviews. I can certainly say that it did not disappoint! I got my food to go... I enjoyed a Pho bowl with the Tropical smoothie & I got the kids tofu nuggets & fries for my 3 year old son. The pho bowl was so fresh tasting and the tofu nuggets were super yummy! My son and I shared the smoothie as our after dinner treat and it was very good! The prices are a bit high, but for fresh, local, vegan ingredients, it is to be expected. My only complaint is that I requested and paid for tofu on my bowl and did not receive it. Overall a phenomenal meal and I will certainly be returning with my vegan and vegetarian friends!

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Decided to pop in for a Saturday lunch after realizing it was right around the corner from where we live. This place does not disappoint. You can tell right away that the owner takes pride in her restaurant and most importantly the quality in the food. We were given complimentary salsa an chips. What a great tasting salsa. Fresh & invigorating.

We ended up ordering the special which was 1/2 priced Cali Wings with a alcoholic beverage. What can I say? Simply delicious. A unique spin on ‘wings’. The buffalo wings had just the right amount of heat and spice. The dipping sauce was a nice added bonus.

Many of the previous reviews state that the prices are high. I can only say that what you are paying for is high quality fresh vegan organic food which is well worth the price.

Would 100% be back! Nice addition to Beamsville. Happy to support this wonderful establishment.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Went for a late lunch with a friend last week. We were the only 2 people in the place for quite some time till another couple arrived.
First thing that struck me was the prices. 18.50 for a burger or nachos!!! Wow, okay, better be fantastic for that price.
We decided on sharing orders and we ordered truffle fries and nachos.
Before the meal arrived we were given some nachos and a chutney like dish to snack on. It was refreshing and a nice taste experience.
Took a very long time to get the food. Surprising, since there was 2 employees that we could see working in the kitchen and 1 server. Mentioning again, that we are the only two people in the restaurant at this time.
Food eventually arrived truffle fries were delicious, Nachos, meh! Nothing special by any means. Realized after we left that the nachos arrived with no cashew sour cream. We ate them dry.
This was not a horrible experience, and I do like the fact of trying to support local businesses, but honestly at the prices of items in the menu, I doubt I would be back. Nothing stood out for me to make me want to spend that kind of money for a average experience.