We've spent a night in the Sonne Hotel during our wedding anniversary. Beautiful location next to the lake, very nice and clean rooms (although rather small). I'd recommend the Cocon room with a bathtub next to the bed. Only downside in the room (except the size): rather hard mattresses.
We had dinner in the restaurant: very good quality, reasonable size, quite expensive. Although we were satisfied overall, there's one issue that made me give four out of five points only: there are some issues regarding the service. Examples:
- checking in, the lady welcomes me but not my wife
- asking if we can take a seat in the lounge, rather harsh answer by waiter
- asking for specific table because we wanted to have a view to the lake: impatient and nerved answer by waiter
- my wife on her way to bathrooms: waiter crossing her way didn't even think about stopping or stepping to the side
- nobody cared about filling up our glasses (wine/mineral water)
On the other side, we had a friendly and professional waiter serving our table. So the service isn't all negative but we just expect more for a hotel/restaurant of this standard and for such a price. Nevertheless, we might come back and hope above mentioned problems are solved next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sonne Seehotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.