“Average”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The bar and dining room gives off a nice ambiance. It's tastefully and simply decorated with lots of natural wood but it lacks something . The food is the same. Simple but nothing special. I had the Asian beef on a skillet with noodle. For me the beef was very overcooked,. I appreciate it carrys on cooking on a skillet but that needs to be taken into consideration. Whilst it has a little flavour it lacked depth and body. The Sunday evening menu was limited and then we were told there was no gammon. The fish was nice but one again chips were served in those stupid baskets making the portions small. I noticed the steaks were coming out with sides of chips served in cereal bowls (a much better portion). Why isn't this consistent throughout the menu. The burgers came out on tired bread boards (my pet hate). Once again tiny chip portions. I can't say what they tasted like as I didn't try them. But they looked dry. The bar maid (possibly the manager) was lovely. But the rest of the staff the service was brusk bordering on rude. It was more bar food than anything and I think if that's all you want that's fine but I was hoping for a little more at those prices. Would I go back? I wouldn't make a special effort to go but if I was staying on the park I might try it again. I've heard the Sunday lunches are good, maybe worth a try

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (159)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was very tasty and beautifully presented. However, the service was very slow, seems like there was not enough staff working. Lots of interesting dishes on the menu.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Enjoyed a fabulous evening meal, the food was excellent complimented by the wonderful service from the staff. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant and lounge was lovely. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

We ate here twice the lunch was ok but not excellent the service as well was lacking unfortunately, however the restaurant was redeemed the following evening the service was great and the lady who serviced us was lovely and all staff were smiling and attentive.
The food was very nice and lots of it
I had the steak, it was perfectly cooked
The kids had burgers which were a very good size for kids meal and my partner had the gluten free burger which I’m told was delicious especially the brioche bun which can be hit and miss when gluten free.
We will certainly eat there again on our next visit to the park

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed at Aberdunant park for our recent holiday and came here on 3 occasions ,the last one being for the carvery ,which is very nice and served every Sunday .However over the past few years we have witnessed that the menu has become less varied and does not quite deliver the wow factor it once did ,the food quality and presentation is still of a very high quality i have to say .The sad example i give is that we visited Dylans restaurant in Criccieth and found their food and menu to be superior and for a similar price ..not something i could of said a couple of years ago .

Date of visit: August 2019