Atahuri
$74
TripAdvisor
Wrights by the Sea Motel(Paraparaumu)(Great Value!)
Spinnaker Motel(Porirua)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
Greenmantle Estate(Paraparaumu)
Ocean Motel(Paraparaumu)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskapiti coastnew zealandcouple of nightswhitebait frittersculinary skillsgreat hospitalityher attentionevery respectbeautiful locationan amazing hostluxurious placeappointed roomscakerelaxing atmospherebed and breakfastfive starpurpose built
Reviewed February 17, 2014

What a great experience we had at Atahuri! The location was fantastic, our room was great and Robyn was the perfect hostess. We stayed for three nights and were able to sample the area from this great location. So much thought has gone into the four suites, great touches throughout the entire space. And Robyn was so helpful in considering our requirements, preparing great meals for us and even picking up flowers for me for a Valentine's day surprise for my wife. If you get the opportunity to visit the area, you must pick Atahuri for all it has to offer.
Many thanks, Robyn!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

What an amazing place! My wife and I recently stayed three nights at Atahuri for an anniversary and had the most wonderful time. It was a surprise destination for my wife and I think I scored many bonus points for booking here. We spent three days enjoying the quiet seclusion, beach walks, soaking in the spa or dipping into the swimming pool. The lovely Robyn unobtrusively looked after our every need and served up some truly amazing food. I cannot recommend Atahuri highly enough.

Trevor

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Wow! What a treat! location, climate, luxury and a hostess to beat them all! Robyn made my stay there an unforgettable experience. I was looking for a relaxing, all encompassing de-stress experience and was not let down. Atahuri needs to be experienced! I was awestruck that each room (separated out for privacy) has a stunning view of Kapiti island and the beach! along with my own courtyard, a good book and a glass of Kapiti Coast Savvy I was in relax heaven! I really can't speak more highly of this place. If there is one place in New Zealand that you just wanted to experience of a Kiwi hosted experience - Then this is it! The food was sublime - I was treated to a platter with a selection of local mussels done 3 ways, followed up by whitebait fritters (freshly caught by Robyn too).

I can't praise this enough.

Room Tip: All are amazing and self contained. I tried adding photos too (many taken) but for some reason I couldn't upload any from trip advisor? Ill try again soon!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having visited a number of the top lodges in NZ, Atahuri is definitely up there with the best (& much better than one of the big names!). The location is beautiful, set back in the dunes from a lovely sandy beach, where you can walk for hours. The property is stunning, the rooms are luxurious and comfortable and breakfast is sublime - so much more than bacon and eggs. In fact all the food is beautiful, starting from afternoon tea, through canapés and we ate in one evening and had a delicious 3 course meal, based around local seafood and produce. Be prepared to put on a few extra kilos ........ but even this has been thought through and if you want to be active there are bikes and kites available. Equally if you don't want to do anything there are loads of loungers around the property, all with glorious views and the spa is really heavenly.

What really makes this place different though is the atmosphere, nothing is too much trouble and Robyn goes out of the way to make sure your stay is everything you want it to be.

We had a great weekend away and we could easily have stayed longer as there are some great golf courses and local places to eat out in the evening too. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

a short over night stay at Atahuri and we regretted not having longer.

wonderfully relaxing and fantastic meals provided.

Robyn was absolutely accomodating and a great host.

thanks, we hope to return again and stay longer.

D+M