“Great renovations! I've come before and like it even more now!”

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I've gone here multiple times over the years. It's one of the few places with a full kitchen. My son is autistic and therefore his menu is rather limited. As a result, we need to cook most meals. We loved the place the first time we came. Now with the renovations? It's even better. Really the only improvements I can think of is to have towel bars in the bathroom and a wider shower curtain. No matter how hard you try, water splashes out of the shower. Other than that, it's great!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank countgraham

Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at the Starlight for a weekend this summer and I LOVED it!! The staff was very helpful and accomodating, and the motel was clean and perfect for a weekend away! Conveniently located about a mile from the Seaside Heights boardwalk. Could not have asked for more. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We were very happy with is hotel. It was the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at, at the Jersey Shore. We felt very comfortable. Great kitchen, and grills outside. The staff was great they helped us carry our bag to the room. Location is great you can walk to the beach, there is a mini golf across the street with a food stand. Also DD coffee.
We will be going back here.
One last thing, IT IS CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AJkids
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at th starlight recently in one of their apartments. It was spacious and clean and had plenty of room. The staff was very helpful and our reception at the front desk from Michelle the manager was very welcoming and friendly. it felt like home. She was very professional and had a load of suggestions for area fun> I would highly reccomend staying there for your next summer vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cv08735
Reviewed May 22, 2009

After looking at photos of the Starlight online I decided to book my stay over the phone. I asked if I could have a room with a balcony and was told "Every room has a balcony." When I arrived, I was running late for a wedding and eager to check in and change my clothes. When I walked into the office the woman ignored me for about 10 as she held her ear to the phone, not speaking, and flipped through papers. When you're in a rush, this can be VERY annoying. When I finally got into my room which overlooked the road, you guessed it, no balcony! It is a roadside motel with an outdoor corridor so I guess that's what she meant by "every room has a balcony". Apparently you have to be very specific. I just didn't like it at the Starlight, the woman was rather rude to me at check-in, offered no help with baggage or any sort of polite small talk. I suggest going somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank bostontraveler_9
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Nothing like a Jersey shore vacation. This hotel is optimally located just one block from a beautiful beach and the perfect distance(guessing) less than one mile from amusement piers on the Seaside Heights boardwalk. The pool is delightful! The gneral area provides some shopping, many convenience stores, dining establishments and night life.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank doublengle
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We have been staying at the Starlight for years. My daughter is disabled and cannot walk long distances. The staff has been very accommodating to make sure we get a room on the first floor near the pool. Rooms have been renovated with microwave and refrigerator. Easy walking access to stores and restaurants. Within walking distance to ocean

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park
Bay Breeze Motel
Bay Breeze Motel
#3 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!