After looking at photos of the Starlight online I decided to book my stay over the phone. I asked if I could have a room with a balcony and was told "Every room has a balcony." When I arrived, I was running late for a wedding and eager to check in and change my clothes. When I walked into the office the woman ignored me for about 10 as she held her ear to the phone, not speaking, and flipped through papers. When you're in a rush, this can be VERY annoying. When I finally got into my room which overlooked the road, you guessed it, no balcony! It is a roadside motel with an outdoor corridor so I guess that's what she meant by "every room has a balcony". Apparently you have to be very specific. I just didn't like it at the Starlight, the woman was rather rude to me at check-in, offered no help with baggage or any sort of polite small talk. I suggest going somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starlight has been and continues to be the ideal spot for a perfect New Jersey Shore family vacation, reunion, or weekend retreat. We take great pride in our impeccable reputation for cleanliness, hospitality, and attention to detail. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Motel & Luxury Hotel Ortley Beach
- Starlight Motel And Luxury Suites
- Starlight Hotel Apartments
- Starlight Hotel Toms River