I have had the pleasure of staying at the Starlight each and every summer for the past 25 years. We usually stay for 8 nights. The place has motel rooms plus efficiencies/suites which sleeps six, if you count the sofa bed. After Hurricane Sandy, I was happy to see that the Starlight made a huge effort to remodel all the rooms on the first floor that had damage and to open up on time for the summer. The rest of the area was hit hard, but is making a comeback and shows progress each week.
The Starlight is one long block from the beach. It has Barnacle Bill's Arcade and Miniature Golf directly across the street. There are several restaurants and shops within walking distance. Of course, the boardwalk at Seaside Heights is only one mile away with all of its' shops and games. The Starlight has three grills, five tables and benches in the courtyard, and a heated pool (which is brand new after Sandy). The suites are equipped with a washer and dryer, a separate bedroom, a stove with pots and pans and plates and silverware, a couch, and a large refrigerator. The beds are done and the rooms are cleaned each day. The staff is always friendly. A big thanks to Michelle, Ron, Sheree and Joe for many years of happiness and many more to come. Terry Felrice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starlight has been and continues to be the ideal spot for a perfect New Jersey Shore family vacation, reunion, or weekend retreat. We take great pride in our impeccable reputation for cleanliness, hospitality, and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Motel And Luxury Suites
- Starlight Motel & Luxury Hotel Ortley Beach
- Starlight Hotel Apartments
- Starlight Hotel Toms River