I recently completed a lengthy stay and was just reading the reviews. Sad that the reviews were out of line completely. Let me clarify the area so people from out of town can understand. The area is a peninsula with NO hotels on the beach as it is all private residences. The ocean is houses away from the hotel and the bay backs up to the other side. This is not a RESORT> those are in Florida. It is however a fun family MOTEL with kitchen included suites. I have stayed in both, and would recommend either. I happened to be there with the pool issue and saw them empty the pool and treat it appropriately. The pool is always comfortable and clean and never burns your eyes as it is filtered 24 hours a day. What is upsetting about these reviews is that they sound more like disgruntled guests than savy travelers. There is No wifi in any of the rooms but is available in and around the office. I used my ipad everyday.
As far as guests using the outside to smoke cigars, they are on vacation too. It is not a hotels responsibility to provide fun for you, but there are Many things to do in the area.It is up to the guest to make their own fun as it would be on any vacation anywhere. It is a beach town that runs into another and another. I have stayed in five star resorts and other types of hotels all over the world, i cannot compare the Starlight to a Ritz -Carlton it is not fair. It is not a hotel with room service but the service is excellent.
The rooms are new and clean and staff will take care of any issue if you ask them to. The arcade across the street makes it a great family vacation spot because kids have a place close by to go when you are in between activities or if the weather is bad.
The parking complaint is a little strange at best. Parking in that entire area is at a premium and each guest is guaranteed a spot. I have stayed at other properties and have had to park blocks away because guests have had friends come and take all parking spaces. The hotel has shared parking and asks the guest in the spot near the street to leave your key at the desk so THEY can move your car for you. They valet it for you, no complaint with me. I am happy to have a spot.
and not be inconvenienced everytime someone needs to leave. I just call the desk and tell them I am leaving and they meet me at the spot.
The bed does have a plastic matress protector, but I know they are clean and protected. Many small motels/ hotels have bed bug issues. I will tolerate the cover to avoid an unwanted guest in my suitcase.
Rooms are exactly as pictured, and overall for the area(small beach town) it is a great stay. The beach is the high light, clean, soft, white sand with plenty of lifeguards.
If you are looking for a thriving metropolis this is not it. If you want releaxation and super beach days you found a pearl at the shore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starlight has been and continues to be the ideal spot for a perfect New Jersey Shore family vacation, reunion, or weekend retreat. We take great pride in our impeccable reputation for cleanliness, hospitality, and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Motel And Luxury Suites
- Starlight Motel & Luxury Hotel Ortley Beach
- Starlight Hotel Apartments
- Starlight Hotel Toms River