“Definitely Coming Back”

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was my 1st stay here with my twin boys who are 10 years old. The Motel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They did whatever they could do to make your stay a pleasant one.

I knew the staff on a 1st name basis and they also knew me and my sons. I like the convenience of having Barnacle Bills which is an arcade across the street and you also had the beach right there. If you chose not to go to the beach, you had the luxury of their heated swimming pool...which was also clean.

Joey Harrison's Surf Club was a few blocks down as well my boys and I walked approx 15 blocks every night to the boardwalk for rides and games.

They have an A&P Supermarket nearby if you want to take advantage of the BBQ's they have on the premises,as well a local CVS.

Even though I was weary having my boys there because I knew there would be high school and college graduates there partying, all the guests were respectable with having my boys there.

I definitely want to go back and I would highly recommend it!!!

~Janine

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JAMSTWINS
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have been going to Seaside since we were teens and I must say, our tastes have definitely changed since then! We wanted the action of the boardwalk but were not at all interested in staying in a sleazy Seaside Heights motel. We wound up booking a large suite and were pleasantly surprised! The room looked identical to the pictures online and was very clean with modern updates like granite counters and tile floors. The pool was heated, which is great with a little one. You can walk to the boardwalk in Seaside for the rides and if you're like us, go for morning walks on the Lavallette boardwalk. The beach is a block away, which is the only thing I would change, if I could since we love staying right on the beach. On Saturday night we did see some "20-somethings' check in and they were partying a little but definitely not anything crazy like you would see in Seaside. All and all, I would recommend staying here and in fact, we just booked two more weekends with our daughter for this summer and can't wait to get back down there!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

Thank you for your review and staying with us. Memorial Day is always a mix of mid twenties to older adults. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time and are so happy that you will be spending more time at the Starlight. Thanks for mentioning that the pictures on our website exactly represent our establishment. See you soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We have been Staying at the starlight for 15 years. It is a time we look forward to every July to get away and spend quality time with some dear friends! The starlight is a family friendly environment, and they truly care about their guests, it's like a home away from home all these years, and for years to come. Thank you starlight owners and staff for make our stay all these years memorable ones! Kim, Marcella and the rest of the girls!! Woohoo!!!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Kimandmarcella

Thank you for your wonderful review. Hopefully we will be spending another 15 years together !

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Location, location, location... that is why my friends and I chose the Starlight as our traditional girlfriend's weekend hot-spot. It is the perfect place for us. Dunkin Donuts is across the street, the Lavallette boardwalk is right there to get out daily walk in, the beach is right down the block. The Starlight is right by Joey Harrison's, where we go for old times sakes. The best part is that no one has to drive to the restaurants; they are right outside our door!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank dianegal
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We have vacationed at the Starlight Motel with our family, since our children were little. Now they are teenagers and still want to go. We love it, It has now become our summer Family Tradition! The accomadations are great, the service is excellent and the motel and the grounds are immaculate. I would highly recommend any family with small children or teens to stay here.

2  Thank afvolpe
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Our family has been going to the Starlight for many years, even before we had kids. My kids love it and can't wait to go back every year. We met many famiies that have become our friends and look forward to seeing them every year. It is the perfect location especially having children. It's a block away from beach, an arcade right across the street and close to the boardwalk and restaurants. The rooms are very clean and well kept. My kids don't want to go anywhere else not even Disney. We have had nothing but good times and wonderful memories.

1  Thank suzieq_21911
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Rooms are clean and comfortable with a good location and family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Standard by Type