“Couldn't be any better!”

and 1 more site!
Tropical Dreams Rentals
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Eleuthera and I found out about this place on Tripadvisor. I have to say that all the previous reviews have been totally accurate. The proprietors, Rose and Sammy, are some of the loveliest people I have met on the island (and I have only met nice people here!). They are warm, welcoming, friendly, helpful, just a delight! And we became friends, and I miss them! The efficiency I stayed it was perfect! It had everything you needed, including all the basics (like TP, dishwashing soap, trash bags, etc...). It was immaculately clean!!!
It is a great place to stay and explore the island, as it is centrally located on a very long and spread out island. Best food is at Tippy's, some 4 miles or so "around the corner". Get used to driving long distances, and high prices for food and drinks (and just about everything). But the genuine nice and friendly people make up for it, a true Bahamian experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank barrell22

Reviewed December 22, 2012

So glad I found the Tropical Dreams Motel. My efficiency was perfect and had a stove, microwave and refrigerator included. Sammy and Rose Sands made my stay a perfect delight. Cannot wait till I can come back. Highly recommend this centrally located motel.

Room Tip: The efficiency had plenty of room for two!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tropical Dreams for 3 nights in September. It was my first time visiting Eleuthera. We had a wonderful stay. Our unit was spotless. So clean and well equipped (microwave, large fridge, stove, dishes, etc). Even cleaning products (dish soap and bleach) were provided! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was large, with hot water and nice towels and soap provided. It was nice to be able to cook a meal and we also loved the balcony view from our room. Free wi-fi and cable included as well. The owners were so friendly and hospitable. The rooms are private and quiet. The only drawback is there is no swimming pool and it is isolated. We rented a car to tour the island and had a great time. Other than that, I highly recommend this motel. You will have a truly relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor. All of the rooms are nicely designed and decorated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelbuffursi
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We spent two weeks at Tropical Dreams at the end of March 2012 and thought it was an excellent value. We had an efficiency unit that was impeccably clean and perfectly located for exploring Eleuthera by car. Even without a car, both the Atlantic and Caribbean beaches are within a mile or so. We preferred the Atlantic beach called "Popino" which is beautiful and almost always deserted. There is a small market nearby and two others only slightly farther. Governor's Harbor, a larger town than North Palmetto, is about ten miles to the north and has bigger markets, restaurants, a bakery and a lovely library. Sammy and Rose are very welcoming and kind. They were terrific hosts. In fact, everyone we met in the area was pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bill387
Reviewed April 24, 2012

this property is in north palmetto point about 10 minutes drive from the main governor's harbor. about 133 for a small room. set up like an efficiency. they were really clean, always a plus for me. the kitchen had a fridge stove and even pots and pans. The owner lives just downstairs so he was readily available to help. The birds nearby are awesome as well.
It is about 5 minutes from the Leon Levy native Plant Preserve which is an amazing place, you can spend an entire day there!

Room Tip: room 2 downstairs is huge. rooms 4 and 5 upstairs are about the same and a bt smaller. the kitchen a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LenoDavis
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was booked at Tropical Dreams Motel Resort by a client and was not sure what to expect since I usually stay at "hotels" that have extended services. But the charm and extraordinary hospitality of the owners along with the most spotless rooms, that are cleaner than most hotel rooms, soon won me over. Owner Sammy Sands made sure that our group had all the things we needed. When I found it a challenge to plug in my laptop and cell phone due to the outlets being occupied by items in the room, Sammy brought me a power bar that had 6 plugs in it. Another nice feature was the wall soap dispensers in the bathroom and shower. In many ways, this stay is better than a hotel due to the cooking amenities and larger fridge in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Azaleta I
Reviewed March 17, 2010

My stay at Tropical Dreams was just as the name implys - quiet, serene and comfortable. Sammy Sands, Manager was very helpful. The place is just off the main Queens Highway on what is called I -95. Our unit was a suite that had two beds (1 queen and 1 double), a fridge, stove, dining table with 4 chairs, couch and TV. My friends and I loved the place so much we are planning our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
#2 of 2 in North Palmetto Point
Pineapple Fields Resort
Pineapple Fields Resort
#1 of 6 in Governor's Harbour

Been to Tropical Dreams Rentals? Share your experiences!