“Heaven on Earth”
other traveler has booked this property
Looking  South .........Down the Beach Cottage Beach ............looking North down the beach
Check Availability
Open ( Studio ) layout
Cozy Sitting Area
Full Kitchen
View of Studio design
Queen Size bed ( Pillowtop Bed )
Front room view
Island artwork on walls
Bathroom with shower/ Washer & Dryer in Closet
The Cottage 'showing the private setting'
A Wedding on the Beach
Newllyweds Doug & Diane on their \'Special Day\'
The Happy Couple Signing  Marriage Book
Sunrise at The Pink Sand Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DoubleDee...
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 19, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

My mother and I rented this little cottage to celebrate my 50th birthday. I wanted to go someplace peaceful, beautiful, secluded and meaningful. I really got more than I bargained for! When we first arrived I thought for sure we must be heading in the wrong direction because we were on a sand road for two miles. If you want the beach to yourself, this is the place for you! I loved everything about this little cottage. The cottage itself is surrounded by palm trees so it’s very private. The view is unbelievable. I woke up every morning, coffee in one hand, camera in the other to capture the daily sunrise. Everyday promised something new and spectacular, and the beach was all mine.

Ken and Adele are so wonderful. Before we arrived they provided clear direction on everything. In fact, I had a few questions during my stay and they got back to me right away. Clearly, Ken and Adele love this place because I felt like I was staying in their home. We bought groceries on our way in and cooked almost every day.

I was able to snorkel right out front in the ocean. It is a giant coral reef with pristine water. There is a breaker to the right of the cottage that provides a calm little cove in low tide. Ken and Adele provide snorkeling equipment so there is no need to rent any. Mom and I took day trips up and down the island. In all we put about 500 or so miles on the rental car. The island is magnificent.

I really can’t say enough about this little cottage. I would go back in a heartbeat. That I was able to spend a week with my mother in paradise for my special birthday is a gift I will always remember. Thank you, Ken and Adele, for such an unforgettable time!

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Dec 18, 2013
Wonderful & Thank you for taking a moment to lave your feeling for others to see

Hope to see you again soon.
Happy Holidays

CT
Reviewed September 11, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Sep 11, 2013
We are pleased you had a great stay with us and had a chance to see this wonderful island, beaches and of course meet some of he nicest people in he world the Eleuthern people
These are the reasons we chose Eleuthera for our retirement.

hope to see you come back again soon
so many wonder things to see here Andorra sure you need to come and see again
just can't be done in. a week
best wishes
Jarock1
“Quiet, secluded, beautiful location.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

The cottage has pretty much all the essentials. In one week of our stay (september) we didn't see a single person on the beach and we loved it. The dirt road leading to the cottage was ok for our rented sedan, however I suspect during wet season a high clearance vehicle might be a better choice. We are missing Eleuthera already.

Sep 7, 2013
thank you for your kind words about the cottage.

just for your information the road is good all year long
no high vehicle is needed
hope to see you both come again
Ken & Adele.
1WelshDra...
Wales,UK
Reviewed May 27, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Pink Sands Cottage is beautiful.
In the guest book at the Cottage I left the comment which is the heading of this review that it is Heaven on Earth - and it is.
Pink sands is superbly located right on the beach - intact its 10 steps away. It's a lovely traditional cottage set in well kept gardens making the cottage private and peaceful. The views from the cottage are absolutely stunning and just sitting on the verandah looking out to sea and along the deserted beach makes this holiday home special. in front of the cottage are coral formations making great snorkelling and just 300 yards up the beach is a beautiful lagoon for swimming - so every morning it would be a swim in the lagoon followed by breakfast on the verandah - perfect.
Ken and Adele who own the cottage and live in a villa behind it during periods of the year as you can see from the other posts are lovely people and are always there to help and advise you about Eleuthera. Whilst they respect your privacy, nothing is too much trouble for them and when we had an emergency they were there to help us (how nice is that)
When we arrived at Pink Sands Cottage we had a full programme to visit all the beautiful beaches of Eleuthera. Whilst visiting Twin Coves beach we just said why are we travelling to beaches when we have the best one with the best views at the cottage - so we packed up and came home!!
We have always prided ourselves in never going back to the same place twice - but we will definitely come back to Pink Sands Cottage - it's heaven on earth.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location of the property on the beach, the views, the peace, the owners
Liked least: nothing - perhaps the no seeums
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Maine
Reviewed April 23, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Jan 2, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments
look forward to your return soon
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway
trekker07
Gualala, California
“Great Romantic Spot to Unwind”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife and I each have our own small businesses, which means we're basically on 24/7. So, when it's time to take a serious vacation, we look for a dynamite, pristine, remote hideaway with the fewer the people, the better. The Pink Sand Cottage on Eleuthera Island turned out to be a GREAT choice!

Let me first say what it's NOT: It's not for the unadventureous or those who "need" all the comforts of the U.S. You will not find luxury nor glamour nor Starbucks on the corner. Grocery stores have limited choices and it depends upon what day of the week that particular store gets its delivery to the island, as to the variety you'll have to select from. But, we certainly didn't starve and did just fine. Try the Hob Knob cookies from the United Kingdom!....and the locally bottled Goombay Punch.....a pineapple juice with twist of lemon carbonated drink.....wow!

Be aware that much of Eleuthera is really a third world country compared to say..... Atlanta, Georgia. But the majority of the locals were exceptionally friendly and smiled and waved as we drove by.

Now let me say what it IS: The Pink Sand Cottage is an amazing beach bungalow located right on the edge of the sand dune overlooking a pink sand beach with coral formations right in front. We watched large black fish investigating the coral while we sat on the ocean deck and had our bowl of cereal and fresh fruit. A GREAT place to forget about the mania going on in the world as the ocean waves break on the beach right in front of you.

GREAT SECLUSION as we only saw 2 people walk in front of our cottage (on the beach) during the full 7 days we stayed there. The pink beaches right out front are phenomenal to walk on (north or south), but you do have to overlook the garbage that clutters it up here and there.

About 3 or 4 miles north of the cottage......French Leave Beach (the old Club Med Beach) is beyond words at the pristine beauty it offers. My wife and I think it is the most fabulous beach we've ever been on....and that includes Hawaii, Florida, the Maldives, Moorea, and Bora Bora. French Leave Beach is too far for most to walk, but is a great place to drive for lunch or dinner at Beach House Restaurant.....followed by a stroll on French Leave Beach......impressive and makes an impression.......are the guys out there listening?

Driving is on the left, which is an adventure when you're driving an American made vehicle with the steering wheel also on the left. This means you REALLY have to judge just where the center of the road is, as the driver is sitting on the curb side of the road as he/she drives along.

Eleuthera, a real jewel of an island, is plagued with no-seeums which are definitely a nuisance. Best to stay indoors with windows shut when they are most active.....2 hours after sunrise and especially 2 hours before and after sunset. Or, you can use DEET to minimize the bites. I wasn't particularly bothered with the bites but my wife was.

My wife and I will have fond memories of The Pink Sand Cottage for many years to come. We both give it a high recommendation. If you are looking for privacy and seclusion on a pink sand beach and can rough it a tiny bit, you will LOVE this place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Seclusion on a pink sand beach at your doorstep
Liked least: Pesky no-seeums but you learn how to avoid them
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$199
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing