We recently stayed here for a week and enjoyed the resort. The beds were comfortable. Be aware that there is no air conditioning in the rooms but 3 large box fans were provided which we kept going the entire time. Most of the time we were very comfortable. The staff removes garbage daily and will replace towels as requested. The linens on the beds were changed mid-week which was fine with us. Several restaurants are close by and easily walked to. Birch Bay is a good place to use as a base for the many activities available in the area. Vancouver is a short drive to the north. We took the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island. Seattle is a 2 hour scenic drive to the south. We also visited a fair in Ferndale, Rosario Beach and Deception Pass, Orca whale watching from Anacortes, Semiahoo Point and Seattle. The Space Needle and Chihuly Glass Exhibit in Seattle were both great. We took an excellent food tour of Pike Place Market while in Seattle.
Be aware that Seattle traffic is very congested but drivers in Washington are courteous and obey the traffic laws. Refreshingly, I saw only one person talking on a cell phone during our drives and they were from out of state. Washington bans hand held cell phone use by the driver while driving.
Wifi in our room was good but the room our friends were in did not have good Wifi service. If Wifi is important to you, ask to be put in a room with better service. The view from our room was ok. We could see the pool below and a portion of the bay. An activity center on the 5th floor has a good, full view of the bay and comfortable seating. It was interesting to see the tide come in and out every day. Walking in the bay after the tide went out was a common activity for families. The sunsets last forever and the sun can be quite glaring near sunset. Loved the area, will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandcastle at Birch Bay is an upscale resort located in the serene community of Birch Bay on the northwestern coast of Washington State. The resort is the perfect place to stay for nature lovers or those looking for a quiet retreat. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s guests have access to an on-site fitness center to keep up with their workout routine, a heated swimming pool, and a hot tub, the perfect spot to relax after a full day of adventure. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s one-, two-, and three-bedroom condominiums feature all the amenities guests need to feel right at home. Each unit has a fireplace, flat-screen TV, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony that offers a view of either Birch Bay or the snow-capped Mt. Baker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandcastle at Birch Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Hotel Blaine
- Sandcastle Birch Bay
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Blaine