My husband and I stayed for a week at the end of August with son, his wife, and their 2 young children. The staff was outstanding for their 24-hour helpfulness and friendliness. Our 3 bedroom was immaculate, roomy, comfortably furnished, with a large deck overlooking the bay and spectacular sunsets. Although our bedroom overlooked the pool and the resort was supposedly full, the pool quiet hours allowed us to sleep without any noise. In fact, overall the place was very quiet. All the TV's and kitchen appliances worked great, and we were even able to stream Netflix movies from our laptop to the LR TV. The location was about a 10 minute drive to Blaine, WA, which is on the border with Canada. There were a couple of nice parks, shopping, and a beautiful marina there. Right across the street from our hotel, we all loved learning to dig for clams and hiking on the empty bay when the tide went out what seemed like 1/2 mile each day. We also took a drive to see Mt. Baker from Artist's Point. Spectacular, and a short (1 1/2 hour or less) drive. The positives far outweighed the negatives, but here is what I didn't like: an ugly power line wrecked the sunset view, so all great sunset pics had to be taken from the shore vs. balcony; nearest good playground and good shopping was in Lynden, WA, about a 20 minute drive. More positives: good walking from hotel, safe area, good bar attached to resort restaurant, rental place for kayaks, etc., next to hotel, free wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandcastle at Birch Bay is an upscale resort located in the serene community of Birch Bay on the northwestern coast of Washington State. The resort is the perfect place to stay for nature lovers or those looking for a quiet retreat. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s guests have access to an on-site fitness center to keep up with their workout routine, a heated swimming pool, and a hot tub, the perfect spot to relax after a full day of adventure. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s one-, two-, and three-bedroom condominiums feature all the amenities guests need to feel right at home. Each unit has a fireplace, flat-screen TV, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony that offers a view of either Birch Bay or the snow-capped Mt. Baker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sandcastle at Birch Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Hotel Blaine
- Sandcastle Birch Bay
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Blaine