We've been staying at The Sandcastle in Birch Bay on a regular basis since it opened. After doing the math we realized it is a better alternative to buying a seaside cottage. And as a bonus, our vacation time is free of all the maintenance chores which come with a cottage.
The Sandcastle has well maintained units with full size kitchens for practical family use. TV’s with DVD players are good for movies and music CD’s. Balconies have either ocean or golf club views. The furniture is stylish, comfortable and rugged. There is a heated pool and hot tub for all year use; A workout room with decent equipment; Family movie nights; And a rooftop games room with a deck and two grills ( a great place to meet fellow travellers) . All in all it is a great place to visit and relax.
The staff work hard to keep the place clean and in shape. However, you must realize that this is a popular seaside resort, with families constantly trudging through the hallways after days playing on the tidal flats. No carpeting can keep up, regardless of the cleaning. This also applies to the furniture. We groaned when we saw the first scratches and pot marks on the tables. That is the tough part of not having exclusive ownership. But the convenience is a good trade off.
We can check in for a few days, enjoy the oceanside, build a fire, exercise in the pool, explore the local farms and markets, wine and dine in style in our unit, (visit a casino & nearby outlets for a few hours). And never have to pick up a hammer or bucket of paint!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandcastle at Birch Bay is an upscale resort located in the serene community of Birch Bay on the northwestern coast of Washington State. The resort is the perfect place to stay for nature lovers or those looking for a quiet retreat. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s guests have access to an on-site fitness center to keep up with their workout routine, a heated swimming pool, and a hot tub, the perfect spot to relax after a full day of adventure. Sandcastle at Birch Bay’s one-, two-, and three-bedroom condominiums feature all the amenities guests need to feel right at home. Each unit has a fireplace, flat-screen TV, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony that offers a view of either Birch Bay or the snow-capped Mt. Baker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Sandcastle at Birch Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Hotel Blaine
- Sandcastle Birch Bay
- Sandcastle At Birch Bay Blaine