“What is this place?”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The menu say's "Fish Fry Joint", but the interior screams, "Garage Sale".
There is a 60" TV on one wall and a six foot moessaic eagle on the opposite wall. China service cabinets, couches, arm chairs, knick-knacks, ceramics, book cases filled with books, to name a few of the eclectic mix of oddities. I would say to put your efforts into squaring the place up. Right now it looks more like the eagle's rear end.
The staff was attentive, but not very organized. (Note to staff, most people don't like to be touched, especially multiple times).
Seafood was okay. Choice of two or three piece fish, seemed fairly fresh. Prawns probably frozen. Homemade fresh tartar sauce good, but with sweet relish in the mix, it tasted like egg salad.
Small portion of drowned coleslaw was okay, fresh cut fries were almost average. I think the fryer needs a tune up.
There is also some guy in there playing a guitar, am I supposed to tip this guy too? What's with that? It was more annoying than not.

2  Thank DavidBellingham_WA

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had heard good things about this place so we decided to give it a try last weekend. Upon entering, we couldn’t find a table large enough for the three of us other than one waiting to be cleaned after the previous diners. The guy behind the counter said he’d be right there to clean the table so we waited… and waited… and waited until my wife told the guy we’d grab a table outside. Again, he said he told us he’d be right with us so we went outside and sat at a table and again, we waited…. and waited…. and waited until my wife went back inside to get a menu. She picked up a menu and the guy told her it was the wrong menu and gave her the right one. When she turned to go back outside to our table, he told her she couldn’t take the menu! When my wife told him we were sitting at a table outside, he said “oh yea, I forgot you were out there”. So now armed with a single menu, we each decided on what we wanted to eat, but we waited…. and waited… and waited until we’d had enough. We got up and walked out. We went to Via Birch Bay down the road and had an excellent steak and lobster. So I guess we’ll never know if the food here is any good or not?

2  Thank E N
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was busy but worth the wait! Fresh Alaskan Cod, more food than I could take, delicious tarter..If you dont ask for the 3 piece they will give you the 5.. you will need a to-go because this is SO MUCH!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Do one thing well and keep doing it well! This is the emphasis here.
FISH and CHIPS, fresh Alaskan cod and organic fries with killer tartar sauce and cold slaw. The fine art deco re and the family atmosphere creates a unique and relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant is on the beach and is open in the evenings so the sunsets are ever present as you enjoy your food.
I heard that this weekend- 10/6 and /10/7 Eagles Roost will start serving home smoked Salmon Chowder to compliment the fish and chips, can't wait!.
M