“All you need!!”
Review of Kuta Cove Hotel

Kuta Cove Hotel
Ranked #43 of 70 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Kuta Cove Hotel in Lombok Island on a surfing holiday/business trip. Andy, Wheeler and her husband were the most accommodating, friendly and professional team. They made me feel at home and I felt like I was part of their family from the moment we got there. Even the owner Lalu popped in more than once to give us advice of the area, all the staff at the Hotel was more than happy to help with cards left in ATM after too many Bintangs..hahaha!
Their rooms standards were excellent and the food was delicious, clean and healthy! There was always beers and cold drinks in the fridge and the room was always kept cleaned! I would recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling to Kuta and South East Lombok who want to stay in a comfortable, genuine and honest Hotel. They tell me next year when i return there will be a pool and a yoga studio!!
Hope you enjoy your stay as much as i did, Peace

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Pete M

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Really very average. Place is fairly new and yet in 2 days quite a few broken things. Lighting is terrible - one small lamp per room so always in semi dark. Weak showers. Bad (loud) tv on in the resto whole time. But rooms were spacious and clean and Willa was lovely - seemed to be dealing with some hopeless men and shoddy construction. Good location too. Fine if you can't find anything else in price range.

1  Thank LondonKjc
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to Kuta to visit some friends who had booked this place for me before I arrived. They were a bit unsure about it as it's new and they didn't know much about it but it was one of the few places that still had rooms available due to it being high season.
They made a very good choice! I had bungalow number 4 - the only detached one. It had AC, hot water and a TV, which I thought was great for the price. The room was clean with nice wooden furniture, a huge four poster bed with mosquito net (which, weirdly, didn't have a top bit on it but I wasn't bothered by mossies so didn't mention it. I'm sure if I had, they'd have sorted it out)
and lovely clean-smelling good-quality sheets. I loved the quilt, which thanks to the AC I was able to make use of!
The staff were all fantastic, Andy and Willa particularly, all very friendly and I felt very at home there. Average breakfast but tasty. The free wifi is good but like in most of Indonesia it can be sporadic and slow sometimes, you just have to accept that really.
It's a little hard to find, being new the taxi driver didn't know it and apparently neither did a most of the local people he asked. The sign isn't very obvious so tell your driver it's in front of Warung Jawa.
It'll be great when they've got the pool put in and I really hope I'll get a chance to go back soon.

1  Thank rhonarhona
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived there after a tiring trip crossing Flores island by car and sailing from there to Lombok, sleeping in rough conditions all the way.

We were very pleased to be warmly and sincerely welcomed by the great staff of The Cove hotel, always smiling and always helpful with us despite the very busy end of the Ramadan, which seems to be very demanding.

We had two lovely "havre de paix" bungalows and one with an extra bed (we are 5 people) and still many room to move.
Nice and simple wood furniture, comfortable bed, clean bathroom and little front terrace facing a beautiful garden.

The restaurant is also very clean and the food is fine and everything is fresh.

So no hesitation in recommending this place.

Be sure you will be in the most great hands of Willa "the superstar" and Andy "the coolest efficient guy in Kuta"

1  Thank ej j
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were sad to check out of kuta cove hotel. Andy and Willa catered to our every need. The rooms were clean and tidy, the sheets were lightly fragranced and beds were large and comfortable.

You can hire a scooter. Just ask Andy, you don't even have to leave the hotel to get it.

Third moon restaurant here serves some fantastic local food and fresh juice.

I am looking forward to my next stay here

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Katetaiaroa
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I apologize for not writing this review earlier. After spending over a month in Bali and Lombok Kuta cove was one of if not our favorite place that we visited. We didn't fully plan our trip And book every hotel stay. Once we found Kuta Cove the reviews looked great, I contacted them and they were very accommodating. For those of you looking for a clean and affordable place to stay, look no further. Kuta Kove became home while we enjoyed our 10 night stay. Upon arriving we were greeted and welcomed by the staff and offered a refreshing glass of orange juice. The owner Lalu and Andy sat with us as the sunset and they gave us suggestions of good restaurants, beaches, and other local spots to check out. The villas are free standing and private. They are new, very clean, and spacious. The bed is beautiful with a mosquito net that covers the bed completely. There is enough hot water for showers and the towels, and sheets smell incredible. Willa is another friendly woman at Kuta Cove that always welcomed us in the morning or evening. She chatted w us about everything; our day, where we are from, her little boy, local traditions. It was a pleasure to have her friendliness as a bonus to our trip.

The restaurant has a menu with classic Balienese dishes and American comfort food. Husnee is the chef that cooks all the meals. He doesn't say much but he cooks one of the best Nasi Goreng ever. I am vegitarian and there was never any misunderstanding about that. It was no problem when I asked them to make me a veggie burger. The plate was delivered w a sweet little custome ketchup greeting "Kuta Cove". We loved the Nasi Goreng so much that Husnee invited us in the kitchen for a cooking lesson!

We were interested in exploring the island so they hooked us up w nice scooters for $6 a day. Andy one of the coolest "dudes" that work at Kuta Cove took us up to some islands near Sengigi to snorkel and see the fish. He speaks great English and tells very funny stories. It was quite the adventure to feed hundreds of fish in clear turquoise waters. When there was a misunderstanding w prices w a local over snorkeling gear; the owner of Kuta Cove discounted our hotel bill. This is an honest business man that took very good care of us, we were impressed and thankful to say the least. We were originally going to stay for one week and extended our trip for 10 days. We were sad to leave.

We will not only return to our "new home" Kuta Cove but we will reccomend all our friends to visit as well.

Thank you for all the warm hospitality Kuta Cove --- Lalu, Andy, Willa, and Husnee.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank WanderingSteph
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at Kuta Cove for 4 days in July 2013. We had a group of 4 and got 2 joined rooms. Rooms were great, beds very comfortable and sheets smelt amazing! Showers were Very hot and bathroom user-friendly.
Third moon restaurant had amazing food and the staff always very accommodating!
We hired scooters for 60,000 IDR a day (so cheap) our scooter was brand new and handled the bumpy roads very well!
Andy and Willa were so lovely and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and Willa organised our washing for us which came back smelling so nice and was immaculately pressed! Better than I do at home!
Andy took us on a car tour to Sengiggi and Mataram. We tried some amazing Sate Buloyak and rode a fluorescent chicken along a busy road. It was a great night!
Thanks for a great stay Kuta Cove we will be back!
P.s check out the sasak village near Kuta. We saw some women handweaving I didn't realise so much effort went into the scarves and sarongs!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NatalieK6985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Kutamara Hotel
#31 of 70 in Kuta
Surya Tropical Kuta
Surya Tropical Kuta
#49 of 70 in Kuta

Been to Kuta Cove Hotel? Share your experiences!