“Family atmosphere and care”

Mimpi Manis Homestay
Ranked #4 of 70 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at Mimpi Manis for 3 nights in our Indonesia trip after reading tripadvisor reviews. We rented house - that was amazing - 2 story house with a huge room and bathroom on the first floor and non limited drinking water inclusive, and master bedroom with fan upstairs with a balcony. Very comfy! Garden is full of greeneries and flowers. Went for fishing with Made, that was amazing experience in local fishermen boat, You shouldnt miss that one! My husband even took another fishing trip, this was another great experience, as he is fishing a lot at home as well! Catched Spanish Mackerel and Barracuda and spent some fascinating 6h in ocean :) Breakfast really good, banana pancakes was our choise! 2 doggies gave us a lot of positive energy! Gemma took us to best restaurant in area - Full moon cafe and we joined her to Matarm for some shopping and Sasak village visit on the way. Another must is waterfall tour with Made - nature is amazing here!
Never ending beaches are 2km down, so You can rent bike. You can choose from swimming in calm waters or surfing beaches or the one for sunbathing in sundeck or totally emty beaches for romantic walk :)
Definately will come back to Mimpi Manis and Kuta!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We simply had a wonderful stay with Gemma and Made in Kuta. So much so we extended our 4 nights to 7. Superb hospitality from them and all their staff, we were made to feel very welcome. This was our first experience of a homestay and we would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a warm and friendly atmosphere with as much or as little interaction as you please. Although not situated right by the beach, we felt it was actually better for us as with the free orientation you realise that there are so many fantastic beaches in Kuta that you'd want to visit them all. Mopeds available to rent at a great price makes this so so easy to do. If we ever come back to Kuta we know where we'll be staying to have some more 'Mimpi Manis' (sweet dreams on Indonesian)!
Thank you!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We (Frecnh-German couple) only spent two nights at Mimpis, but it was really a good choice. Our room was clean and cosy! It´s perfect that you can rent scooters from Made and Gemma, which is much less stress than at the market. We also had the luck to do the introduction tour to see some of the best beaches around Kuta! Normally they offer it if you stay at least 3 nights but they are so friendly and welcoming. Hopefully we have the chance to come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at Mimpi Manis Homestay for a week in August and have to thank Gemma, Made and their staff for making my trip to Lombok such a wonderful experience. Hospitality and facilities were second to none.... And one of the highlights of the week was catching a barracuda while out fishing with Made (shore thing) and then having it cooked that night at Mimpi Manis.....delicious!! I would thoroughly recommend all visitors to Kuta to check it out! I hope to be back before too long.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a wonderful place. Gemma and Madi are wonderful hosts. If you stay three nights there is a complimentary 'orientation' tour that is invaluable. I would never have found the beach that became my favourite spot from the entire holiday.

Gemma does everything to make your stay enjoyable. The girls that prepare the meals, clean and do the laundry were so helpful and the food was lovely and some of the best value meals I have had. From chocolate pancakes to a full sausage/bacon/eggs breakfast plus some great evening meals. Madi can be booked for fishing trips and, when I stayed, the successful fishermen shared their spoils for the evening meal.

There is a TV and DVD in each flat and a massive DVD collection available for free. Sure there is the blaring loudspeaker from the nearby Mosque a couple of times each day/night and it is a short drive from the beach, but it is worth it. Once you have hired a bike (motor or push) you can get anywhere.

I had booked the second half of my stay at the big resort down the road and the friendliness, personal attention and meals were sorely missed. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed with Gemma and family for 2 nights, we were made to feel very welcome and they went out of their way to arrange things to help us out! Staff were lovely and breakfast was delicious! I have absolutely in complaints at that price it was more than we could have asked for. The orientation tour was a brilliant bonus which we really enjoyed and we made some friends that we hope to stay in touch with. I felt happy and safe during my stay and I really hope to return again in the future! I wish Gemma and made the best of luck with their business. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: No fitness centre or swimming pool but I couldn't remove my rating!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been in Kuta for almost 3 months. Gemma is an awesome host alongside her sidekick husband Madi. The service was personal that she also invited me to dinner on numerous occasions. The happiest time was where she personally cooked the best indian meal (which us british consume alot of) for me as I had not had any for over 2 months.

All I can say is WOW, she even made naan bread from scratch!! If this is not service, I do not know what is!! My stay with Mimpi Manis has been most pleasant and recommend Mimpi Manis homestay. The fact she has been in Indonesia for well over 12 years tells me she has a lot of local knowledge and experience. Any time I have been stuck she has pointed me in the right direction.

I advise any travellers especially westerners who are travelling or may be stuck to visit Gemma and say hi, she is the most friendliest individual I have met and always has time to banter with you.

I can't wait to come back to Kuta!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo