“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 54 Kuta B&B and Inns
Wollongong, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

You cannot go wrong if you choose to stay at Mimpi Manis while in Lombok. The accommodation was comfortable, clean and very good value, the food was fantastic (especially the banana pancakes every morning!), and Gemma and Made were so helpful and welcoming. They were able to organise transport for us at the drop of a hat and were a wealth of knowledge when it came to Lombok - they gave us excellent advice on the best places to eat, drink, visit, surf etc. It took so much stress out of the holiday knowing Gemma and Made were there to help and give advice.

When I go back to Lombok I would definitely stay at Mimpi Manis again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Daniel C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mimpi Manis for 3 days in July and we loved it. Made picked us up from the airport when we arrived and also drove us to Bangsal harbour when we departed for Gili Air, which was very convenient. He and Gemma are super nice people and made our trip to Kuta, Lombok perfect. They also have a little shih tzu dog, which we loved, as we were missing ours at home. We had one of the basic rooms, with 2 small beds and a cold shower. The room was very clean and had a tv/vcr which was great when we just wanted to relax one night. Mimpi Manis is about a 5 min drive to the main street of Kuta, but they do offer free shuttle so it's ok. Made also took us on a tour of Kuta to show us the beautiful beaches and some nice places to eat. We highly recommend the pizza at Full Moon and Warung Bule was good too. The included breakfast was really good at Mimpi Manis, as was the dinner we ate one night.
Made organized surf lessons for us as well, and drove us to Garpuk beach. From there, we took a 15min boat ride out to the surf spot. The instructor was really great and patient and my husband had a great time. I unfortunately got sea sick on the boat ride there, but would have had a great time otherwise.
Gemma and Made have motorbikes for rent which we took and drove about 15min to Tanjung Aan beach. This is an amazingly beautiful and deserted beach. There were maybe 10 people there all day. Warung Turtle is located here and if you buy a drink from them, you can lay on their sun chairs for the day.
Overall we had a really great trip to Kuta and highly recommend Mimpi Manis. Kuta is so quiet and very peaceful compared to Bali. It is much easier and safer to rent a motor bike here as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stop Looking right now because Mimpi Manis is the place to stay at. My 3 mates and I stayed with Made and Gemma in late July 2012, for our first Indo surf trip. I personally found Mimpi Manis to be a home away from home as Made and Gemma welcomed us into their home. With their wealth of knowledge and tours around the island we felt confident adventuring around and immersing ourselves in the great culture that Lombok has to offer. The rooms were great, clean and secure, with cold showers but honestly that's all you're craving after a hot day, surfing and adventuring. We received a complementary breakfast with tea or coffee each morning, which was fantastic and there is a heap to select from on the menu for lunch or dinner, at really affordable prices. Do yourself a favour and check this place out cause I definitely will be going back. 10/10

Thanks for having us Gemma and Made
Keir

Room Tip: If your planning on going during Ramadan, like everywhere you will hear the Mosque however the rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Keirwhiteley
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights at Christmas 2011. Great place to stay, great value and very friendly. Gemma ( Owner) would bend of backwards to met your needs. She provides a very insightful tour of the area, which made me want to stay longer but unfortunately my flights were booked. The accommodation is very good value, clean and the breakfast is just what you need to get your day started.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just an intro, my Lombok's pre-trip online research last March 2012 brought me to 4 accommodation options around Kuta Lombok Beach. However, Mimpi Manis was our final choice and we eliminated the other three – even though their locations were within walking distance from the beach and two of them had some fancy facilities.

We stayed at a two-storey house. The ground floor was living room with bamboo sofa, coffee table, DVD player, fridge, and cold-shower bathroom; whilst the bedroom was upstairs attached to a balcony. If you think, "What are the DVD player and fridge doing there?" Well many visitors were 'stranded' here more than one week and sometimes they (or who knows, you) may need to chill at 'home'. Rate of the house was IDR 220,000 included tax and light breakfast. (You can also rent the rooms in separate building with rate of IDR 120,000 / room / night.) The house was nice, bedroom was tidy and comfortable, and bathroom was clean. What need to be repaired are the wooden stairs railing which was a bit shaky, and a few part of the bamboo sofa. But in general, we had no issue with the place.

At the beginning, we meant to stay for two nights. On the first day, I was a bit sick in the morning and Gemma was so kind by asking me if I needed anything to make me feel better. I said, "I need to watch a funny movie." And I did it. Ha! You see what's good about having DVD player there? After that, we had an orientation tour for about 3 hours (and for free if you stay there at least two nights). Made was driving and taking us to beautiful beaches along the south coast: Gerupuk, Tanjung Aan, Seger and Srenting. We should've come back to Bali on the next day, but the canceled flight made us had to stay longer.

A friend who has explored the southeastern peninsula of Lombok said that we can get a car and drive through a super bumpy road to reach Tanjung Ringgit, a magnificent cape almost on the southeast edge. But Made was being honest by telling us that he had never been there, and knowing from us that the road's super bumpy, he asked if we wanted to explore thru a new way: sailing. At first we were like, "Err...", then we decided to have a go rather than miss it. And there, yes, the adventure began.

Four of us, Made, Pak Haji the boat captain, my boyfriend and I, left Gerupuk Bay on a fishing boat, sailed through the east. It was... SPECTACULAR! So many giant rocks, cliffs, bays and capes we passed by. We made a stop at a beautiful beach that had a huge rock looked like a tank (which later I knew the name was Bloam). Tried snorkeling on the crystal-clear water but nothing except tiny tropical fishes, so we were just swimming and walking on the beach. My boyfriend also had his fishing debut at the Ujung Bay and he got one big preang fish (similar to tuna)! That full-day sailing was really like a blessing in disguise for all of us. Flight was canceled, I was still in recovery and none of us had explored those places, but we had a marvelous voyage and got 6 big fishes! And for that unforgettable experience, we were charged only for IDR 600,000 – included the big fishes that later became our fanciest farewell dinner ever!

Talking about tummy... The light breakfast was not so light, at least for me. The portion was more than enough! I gave 10-out-of-10 for the pineapple pancake with honey as much as for the Bali coffee. The dinners we had were so delicious and the sambal was quite mouthwatering – thank to Iluh and Sri for that!

Thank you, Mimpi Manis team. You ARE sweet like sugarcane.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NovietaTourisia
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I absolutely loved staying there. Gemma and Made treat their guests like friends. I lived in the stand alone house with the terrace for a month and was very sad to leave, I HIGHLY recommend it. I don't have a single complaint about any of it and hope to go back. This is a very personal atmosphere that still respects all your privacy. Everything was super clean and the staff and service were lovely.
Just GO THERE, you will love it and them.

Room Tip: The stand alone house with the terrace where I stayed is awesome
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank lapouletteny
Placentia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was at Mimpi Amanis Homestay in Kuta Beach, Lombok for two months on a surf trip in March/April of 2012 - my experience there was excellent as the premises were well kept and my room well-maintained and clean. The owners (Gemma and Made Marjay) and staff were very friendly and accomodating. The seperate dining pavillion is a great place to eat,relax or just catch up on your Facebook postings. There is an extensive dvd collection of movies and popular TV programs. Also included is a well-stocked library of soft and hardbound books. Be sure to take advantage of the free tour of the area (with minimum two nights stay) as they are excellent guides who will show you all the sights and introduce you you around so as to make your trip more informative and enjoyable. The food (breakfast that comes with the room and lunch and dinner) was delicious. The food prices were competitive with the restaurants in town. Tours, rentals, shopping advice and many other ammenities can be arranged by Gemma and Made. The homestay is away from the beach but can be easily accesible by the staff or rentals. I love Lombok!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo