ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Snaptravel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Being my visit to Bali, I preferred to stay in a place that should not take long from Airport and found this was very close to the Bomb Memorial on Legian Street and the price was good enough. While booking through Agoda, I was told that you will have wifi, Air conditioning, Kettle, Minibar and hot water, but on checking in I found the Kettle and Mini bar was missing. There was no waste bin and no hooks in the bathroom. But for these I was very happy with the room for the money I paid. The A/C was good and the wifi too. The general design was good with balinese style. One could get hot water from their Kitchen during most of the day time. The location close to the Legian street and less than a minute walking from Bomb Memorial was a big plus and yet it was comparatively less noisy though there are a few pubs around. There are hardly any staff when you need one, as once we check in it is hard to find them. I was happy with the stay but for those missing Minibar and Kettle which they had mentioned in the room description.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2015

Staff were nice on arrival but didn't see much of them after that. They never came to our room once for housekeeping during our 3 night stay. Paid for double room and fridge but got twin and no fridge. We were too exhausted after travelling to bother complaining. No bin was provided so we used our own plastic bags for rubbish. Air con wasn't great, constantly sweating even though we never turned it off the lowest setting. Pool was pretty nice. Good location to be near bars, restaurants etc but we had to wear ear plugs at night even though we were only coming home at 2/3am. Overall the experience was fine, nothing more, nothing less. But we are very laidback, low maintenance people and as well as that, spent no time in the room apart from sleeping really.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2015 via mobile

If you wanted to stay in the heart of kuta, Surya Tropical Kuta is the place! It's very accessible to clubs, bars, minimarts & shopping area! Everything you need there is in kuta. Hotel is great, staffs we're indeed friendly & price is cheap & affordable! Came back again 2 times within my 2 weeks stay in Bali! Tho only thing is that it will be slightly noisy due to clubs around it. Other than that it's a good place to stay! Thumbs up!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Great location if you like to party all night long! but you can forget the comfort and needs for your room! Basic rooms and needs. I stay there for 3 nights. Room were average and old I must say. Old beds and with no water heater.. If you want hot water you'd have to request at the kitchen. Forget about sleeping comfortably at night as the place is nearby to the busies nightlife in Bali.. But the pool was nice even though it's average. One thing I love the most is the fact that the location is very good. Nearby to all things.. Shopping.. restaurants.. and yes the famous nightlife of the Legian road! I rent a scooter from a nearby guy named PUTU and work my way around the city.. It was fun and adventures.. (you should try it) .. not recommended for couples for honeymoons and family with children.. :P

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank apaimax
Reviewed January 21, 2015

We got into Surya Tropical very late after our flight. We were only staying there 1 night using it as just a place to crash and then leave around midday the next day. Firstly, this place is next to 2 very loud nightclubs. Something that the business cannot help and we sympathise with that but everything else that was wrong with this place could be helped. The man who showed us to our room was not rude but not friendly either. The outside seems to be kept reasonably well, pool looked pretty good but it's a shame I can't say the same about the inside of our room. The pictures online are very deceptive. It was not very clean at all. The bed was kind of damp and smelt a little funny. The walls were filthy and make you feel like you're in a really nasty place. Could not shower here so thankfully we were only here 1 night. Bathroom was disgusting. TV was there but unfortunately I don't understand Indonesian and I'm also not a fan of channels of white noise. The AC was maybe the only decent thing about our room. So I guess we were cool enough to sleep comfortably but the nightclub next door had other ideas. Breakfast the following morning was below average when I compare it to the 15 other breakfasts I had at different places around Bali during my stay here. I don't like giving bad reviews but this was disappointing to say the least even just for a place to crash. Perhaps this place has gone down hill a little because most other reviews seem old and a little more forgiving than this one. Even at a quarter of the price I wouldn't stay here.

Date of stay: January 2015