“Lovely B & B on a working farm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of West Tannacrieff

West Tannacrieff
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fenwick
West Tannacrieff
Ranked #1 of 1 Fenwick B&B and Inns
Chesterfield
“Lovely B & B on a working farm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Conveniently placed just off the M77 / A77 is this lovely B & B is run by the charming Nancy. We were concerned that asking for our breakfast early might be a problem but not for Nancy who is up very early to tend the cattle ( I think ). A variety of cereals, yoghurts, juice, tea and coffee etc we're in the dining room for self service BUT go for the full Scottish ! Other hot breakfasts are available but the beautifully cooked FS with thick sliced toast will set you up for the day. Our twin bedded room , with tea and coffee making facilities, welcome cakes, flat screen TV, wifi, was very comfortable and warm. Nice bathroom with soft towels, shower and loads of hot water. My wife and I would have no hesitation staying here again, if they'll have us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank popsicles42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fife, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I would recommend this B&B to anyone staying near Kilmarnock. The welcome was very friendly and my twin room was spacious, clean and well equipped with a good en-suite shower-room. The free Wifi was useful as was the TV with freeview box. There are beautiful views over the countryside. I was asked to choose my breakfast options the evening before and the next morning i wasn't disappointed - lovely breakfast with good quality ingredients. The B&B rooms, dining room and guest lounge are separate from the main house and there is plenty of parking. Very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dicassidy2000
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Originally I tried to book in to a farm-based B&B at Kilmaurs for the 7th night of my cycle ride from Lands End to John O'Groats but as this was full on the night concerned, the proprietor directed me to her friend's at West Tannacrief. I therefore was unsure what to expect. This proved to be one of the most spacious, beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable B&Bs of the whole trip.I was given a spacious room with a large and immaculate en suite bathroom.
Although this property is on a busy dairy/beef producing farm it is clearly not merely run as a second string source of income. The accommodation is spotless and Mrs Cuthbertson is a very charming and attentive host.
A nice touch was a homemade cake on the bedside table as well as a very comprehensive range of hot drinks.
Although there were a a number of places to obtain an evening meal within reasonable walking distance, having seen the extensive nature of the breakfast menu, also thoughtfully provided in the room, I elected to make the most of the comfortable surroundings, stay in, eat my remaining packed food and bed down early.
After an excellent night's sleep I woke to a blazing sunrise coming thro' the East facing bedroom window, a wonderful way to start another 90 mile day of cycling.
The breakfast, including excellent porridge did not disappoint.
At £35 for the night the quality of this B&B represents excellent value for money. I would have happily paid considerably more

Room Tip: East facing rooms are lovely to wake up in!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed for one night at this B&B which is a working farm. The hostess, Nancy, was very welcoming, the room was clean and very comfortable and the breakfast was exactly what I was expecting. Would have stayed longer if the itinery permitted. Would recommend this to anyone

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited the area to see our new niece; we prefer quite, un-branded accommodation with friendly personal touches and West Tannacrieff didn't disappoint. From the moment we arrived until we reluctantly left, we could find no fault with the immaculate, comfortable rooms and obvious pride Nancy Cuthbertson takes in the attention to detail. From individual biscuits/cakes when we arrived back from a long day out to an impressive breakfast selection we could not have asked for better. This is certainly not the last visit we will make to this outstanding B&B.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is by far the best place I have stayed in. Very highly recommended.
Always very clean and tidy, fantastic home cooked buiscuits in the room. Breakfast is also very good with a varied menu to suit anybody's palet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Hats off to Mrs Cuthbertson with her b&b..! this is without a shadow of a doubt the finest b&b i have had the pleasure to stay in,the rooms are immaculate and very comfortable indeed,the owners attention to detail are easily recognisable, her dedication and efforts to provide an excellent service are more than clear as you set foot into the door..! with an excellent breakfast in the morning i have no hesitation whatsoever in highly reccomending the west tannacrieff b&b....!!!!

Room Tip: i dont think there is a bad one..!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank david p

Been to West Tannacrieff? Share your experiences!