“First time for few years”
Review of The Fenwick Hotel

The Fenwick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fenwick
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Dramatic improvements to the bar and restaurant areas.
Rooms are fine and the bathrooms modernised to a high standard.
Food was fantastic and very reasonably priced along with fantastic service. Was a tad dissapointed to find the old bar and tv lounge had gone but dont supposed my hosts were too bothered about watching England get beaten by Uruguay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Fenwick Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I'm not local but popped in for a meal in March based on a recommendation from a local man that I know. Took two Swiss friends.
Very impressed with food, service, surroundings and prices.
Will re-visit very soon...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel a week before arrival. Email received on booking. Rang the Hotel and asked the receptionist to give me directions to Glasgow and details to shops etc.
Got all the info needed in a flash and also sent me details by email. Very professional and understanding.
As I arrived at the hotel, my god what a surprise. The entrance was gorgeous, and the carpet was like walking on Air.
Got checked in and whisked way to my gleaming, clean room. The mattress was the comfiest I have slept on for a long time. TV, kettle biscuits etc etc. Couldn't fault it all.
I asked for a late checkout as we were on a wedding at, guess, yes at the same hotel. The receptionist said no problem. When we went to see the set up it was like a five star setting. A lot of money spent on the place.
Breakfast best I've had and a good choice of menu.
Overall would highly recommend it due to it's close proximity to arterial routes, 15 mins to Glasgow town centre, beautiful picturesque location, clean and tidy, very professional and friendly staff, breakfast great, rooms very spacious containing everything you need, amazing scenery, spacious car park, I could go on and on.
Only way to find out is to try it. There rate's are very very good. and breakfast is included.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank carlos d
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed here with my 1 year old daughter and my parents whilst visiting family locally. We had an adjoining room on the ground floor which was perfect for putting my daughter to bed in our room then slipping next door into my parents' room whilst they were out for dinner. I had room service where I could choose from the main restaurant menu and not a basic limited menu. The food arrived quickly and was hot and tasty. We ate in the restaurant once with my daughter, and the staff cooked a piece of chicken, mash potatoes and some veg for her, which was not on the menu. She loved it!

The room itself had a travel cot and the staff had kindly supplied us with an extension plug knowing we'd have baby monitors etc. The beds were very comfortable and were superking size, and there were the usual hot drinks facilities. The bathroom was clean and modern with a powerful shower.

We did have a slight hiccup when the maid took my daughter's baby bath towel with the used towels in the bathroom, but we called down to reception and the staff dug it out of the laundry before it was sent off and were very apologetic.

Overall, I was very pleased with our stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was nervous about travelling for the first time with my daughter, but the staff put my mind at rest from the start. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

On 8/6/14 we took friends who were on their way home to England after touring Scotland for lunch. We were met at the door by extremely friendly staff & taken to our table straight away. The service throughout was friendly, helpful & quick. One person had Lentil soup which she described as "real" while the other two had the Haggis starter again which was enjoyed very much. Three of us had the Carvery which was excellent, a choice of Lamb, Beef or Turkey & all the appropriate vegetables & trimmings, our other fiend had Steak pie from the main menu. I am usually a bit wary of a Carvery as I have found the food is often quite cool however this could not be faulted. Two of the Desserts were not what we expected & the bases were very difficult to cut, when the waitress saw they weren't eaten & we explained why she immediately said they would not be charged for. I would definitely recommend the Fenwick Hotel, for the food & staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel spotless friendly staff great sized room and bed no remote for the TV let the receptionist know there wasn't a replacement plenty of choice at the bar cocktail menu breakfast was lovely would highly recommend this hotel to family friends and work colleagues x

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just returned after a family wedding. Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed our time. Rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, it was just a lovely hotel. The staff were very attentive. We had light meals the day before the wedding which we all enjoyed. The wedding meal was delicious and we all had the most amazing time. Couldn't fault anything and would certainly recommend a stay here. We certainly would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenwick
Foxbar Hotel
Kidron House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Western House Hotel

Been to The Fenwick Hotel? Share your experiences!