Review Highlights
The best freediving school in the Philippines!

Reviewed December 20, 2018
vero_je
Quebec City, Canada
Dumagat Freedive definetly changed my vision of underwater possibilities.

Reviewed December 20, 2017
Colin C

All reviews see you soon my girlfriend freediving school emil instructor session safety confidence equalize material wetsuits dives guy philippines ocean moment water
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2018

Dumagat freedive is a professional and fully-equipped freedive center. Emil is the best instructor you can find! I really loved my time there. He gave me feedback after every dive so I could correct myself, go deeper and freefall faster every session. As freediving is also a mind game, Emil always found the appropriate words to give me confidence and encourage me. During all the dives, I've felt safe and I knew I was in good hands. He was there for me and to assure my safety. Also, the shop has everything you may need, from full wetsuits to first aid kits and drinking water. Thank you so much Emil for everything (including the delicious ginger tea!). Without you, I definitely wouldn't have been able to reach 35m (and I would even have gotten deeper if I had more time in Romblon). I highly recommend Dumagat Freedive!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Keeping your breath for as long as you can to go as deep as possible underwater could sound a bit stupid, but next to Emil it just feels right(kind of). He put me in so much confidence by his obvious experience and professionalism but also cause he's a super calm and patient individual. I had no idea what i was getting into, Dumagat Freedive definetly changed my vision of underwater possibilities and opened a new world to me.

Thanks Emil you're a bloody legend !

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Seriously one of the best instructors I've met. Calm, patient and with a good sense of humor.

The place is a bit hidden, which gives you a sense of arriving in this small paradise. Then the corals, just beautiful. And the drop off, just 100m. from the free diving school, will allow you to train for greater depths.

I have been here three times now and will definitely come back again.

Go check it out if you love free diving, nature and going off the beaten track.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I normally don't write reviews, for the reasons that I am simply not good at this and I don't want to be misleading. But the experience I had was so good that I had to. I had some freediving experience before, so a friend recomended me to go to Romblon and dive with Emil. I did the SSI lvl 1 and asked Emil to focus on safety & blackouts. And so he did with excellence. Not only does he reveals the best freediver in you, but he also effects you on a personal level. He gets to the core of what freediving is about. Every day we had not only training dives, but so much fun dives, it's great!
The location is just perfect, and the gear is excellent.
I stayed at Totoy's place (great food and drinks!), and that made the whole experience even better. I feel that I've made some real friends there. I can't wait to go back to resume freediving.
Also Emil's ginger tea and banana's in the morning are the best! :)

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

The team was accommodating and it was really cool getting to hang out with them. The dive spot right across their shop was beautiful and would definitely come back to do some training, schedule permitting.

Date of experience: March 2017