“Good for beginners”

whitstable, Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good for beginners”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have attended two courses in the last two months, presented by Ken at West Malling. I felt the value for money was ok because I had a voucher from Travel Zoo making a half day course less than £30. I had a group of five wanting to go and Ann Hood was very helpful - extending the validity of our vouchers to ensure we could all attend a course than suited us. Illness in the family meant I ended up going twice to save a booking being wasted though it is fair to say I wouldn't otherwise have gone again. The experience is certainly enjoyable, friendly and does what it says on the tin...other than the tin maybe needs to encourage beginners or those nervous about progressing to entertaining type cookery rather than confident cooks. I think there were probably only two tips that were new to me across the two classes and I think the quality of the food produced on the day was less exciting than I am already producing myself at home. I would strongly recommend it for beginners.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank sooz212

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Smart school of cookery - West Malling”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have recently attended two courses run by Ken at the smart school of cookery based in West Malling. I have throroughly enjoyed both days and learnt many very useful tips in the kitchen. Ken is an excellent host and encourages everyone to have a go at cooking a part of the three course menu (although you do not have to if you'd rather not). The ingredients were of excellent quality and I have already attempted both menus successfully for my family. Having had children and had to cook fresh bland food for them it was refreshing to add real flavours and make cooking fun again! I thoroughly recommend the course to anyone who loves to cook and is looking for new ideas. well worth the money.

Visited December 2012
Longfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“West Malling Canapes experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had a wonderful time this afternoon with Ken at West Malling smart school of cookery. Really well presented and learned loads!! Thank you very much

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Paul Z
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyable afternoon, even if you are not yet the next Jamie Oliver”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked a half day cookery session with the Kent/West Malling branch end of October. One of the advantages is that it is actually in the station, what used to be the station master's home so I understand. Easy to find and parking. Beautifully renovated, it made for a pleasant afternoon. Good food which can actually be mastered at home and a relaxed atmosphere. It is more a demonstration cookery lesson, but everyone also had a hands-on experience. I liked it a lot and have already rebooked for January.
Can recommend.

Visited October 2012
Chelmsford, Essex
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Fun and informative”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I participated in a course today with 7 other people, none of whom I had met before. The facilites are excellent, Ann welcoming and of course a great Chef. I cannot wait to do another!

Visited November 2012