“Wonderful pie!”

The Bell
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Danbury
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional friendly pub. Serving many home made dishes all day.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Ate here on pie night - not deliberately, but what good fortune! Delicious pie, crisp chips, perfect. What a jolly place, good food cheerfully served.

1  Thank Agalady

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were passing this pub, which looked rather quaint, to be honest I needed the loo,so we
stopped. The man behind the bar welcomed us, we ordered a drink each, I went to the loo
then returned to my drink ( orange I have to say ). We had no intention of staying but as we were
talking to the barman, ( kym ) he made us very welcome, with the help of the waitress
(Lorraine ) we were advised of some places that we should visit whilst staying in the area. We
decided that we would stay for a meal. I can recommend the fish and chips, the bangers and mash
were also a great meal, ( I was told that the sausages were from a local butcher )..
Would I recommend this pub, a big Yes.

1  Thank Colinat37
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ate here on Sunday lunch time, went for cod and chips, really good fish and well portioned with chips and salad, the service was exactly what you would expect from the family run pub, nothing to much trouble and service with a smile and joke.
Really great real ales too 3 on offer, each one excellently kept.
A proper pub with grub to match.

1  Thank rayleighmark
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Really enjoyed our experience both the food and service were excellent. Had a lovely lasagne and there was a really good choice for vegetarians. Will come again

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have eaten at The Bell several times, as a couple, with family and in a group with friends and each time the experience has been absolutely wonderful! Nothing is too much trouble for the manager and staff, who are all very friendly and welcoming. The food is great and in fact we have ordered off menu a few times and that too has been fantastic! The Bell has a great atmosphere both in the winter months with fires burning and in the summer with it's ample garden for children to run around. I would definitely recommend a visit to The Bell!!