Stayed here for 4 nights for a break after Cambodia and before we moved on to Ko Samet. We were not expecting too much, but were pleasantly surprised. Took 2 hours from Bangkok airport. Taxi driver needed help to find the place, so he called the hotel and they guided him in.
Fast and courteous check in. Cold towel and drink. Pleasant air con reception and lobby.
Superior room, king size bed, small balcony with sideways sea view. The rooms are in a U shape facing the sea. Small fridge. Good TV reception for BBC, CNN etc. Pleasant bathroom. 2 good swimming pools + baby pool. Plenty of loungers with padding. Nice beach towels. Lots of sunshades and shaded areas.
Huge beach that goes on for miles in both directions.Tthe sand is nice, but there is some beach litter. This is not the fault of the hotel. Much of it flows down the river from Bangkok into the bay and spreads out along the coast. Not many palapas on the beach. Nice seating area overlooking the beach to watch the sunset. The hotel is south west facing and gets a nice sunset. Massage bed area overlooking the beach. Lots of tree shade areas for a nap. Newspapers in reception.
Excellent breakfast with lots of variety. Egg cooking station and some Thai food. Good fruit. Fine coffee. The food at the hotel is good and not that expensive. But not a patch on the small restaurants to the left along the beach. There is also a restaurant opposite the hotel and some to the right along the beach. We ate at the hotel the first evening and then the next 3 nightsand lunches at the beach bars to the left. Superb quality at very low prices. Stunning green curries. Some of the best food I've ever eaten. Spicy, fresh, aromatic. My favourite was Mr K Wong's beach bar. Stunning food for an embarrassingly low cost. Main courses 70B!!!! We sat at the bar after dinner and watched shooting stars - idyllic. Meal for 2 with beers 350B.
Free shuttle bus to Ban Phe pier twice a day at 09.00 & 12.00. Returns at 13.00 &17.00. We took the shuttle in and got a cab back - 250B.
Happy hour by the hotel's beach bar 17-18.00 to watch the sunset.
A generally nice resort. Mixed ages and somef children. Most guests were Scandinavian. All very polite.
At only 2 hours from the airport, this is a good alternative to some of the islands. It is nice and quie,t with great food at the bars. There was little we could find fault with here.
Please PM us if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Hotel set amid tropical grounds on a beachfrontThe Novotel Rayong Rim Pae is a 4 star beachfront resort hotel in beautiful Thailand. Set amongst exotic gardens complete with long stretched of clear sand beach, the hotel is the perfect holiday destination, a place to relax and unwind. Enjoy music and drinks at our beachfront bar or a delicious meal in one of our two restaurants The GARDEN Thai International or The SHORE Italian. Whether relaxing by the pool, at our AQUAS health spa, or making the most of our of leisure facilities, guests are spoiled for choice in the friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Rim Pae Resort Rayong Hotel Rayong
- Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort Rayong Province, Thailand - Klaeng
- Novotel Rim Pae Hotel Rayong
- Rayong Novotel