I am writing this review as a warning to others who may be considering staying at a hotel in the Rayong area of Thailand. While satisfied with other Accor Group Hotels in Thailand, the Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Hotel was a large disappointment.
I understand from the Hotel Manager that it is not actually owned by Accor and that this may a reason for its disappointing performance relative to other hotels in the same group.
In brief, I was given a room in the hotel as far away as possible from the seafront. Given the linear nature of the plot of land that the hotel is built on this meant I only had a very oblique view of the sea along the side of the hotel while also looking through all my neighbours' balconies!
There was no privacy on the balcony. The view directly out of the window was to a derelict site that included a disused water tower and buuiklding rubble. Close to my room was the hotel's garbage storage area.
I could clearly hear heavy trucks passing along the main road at the front of the hotel.
There were warning signs NOT to open the balcony windows due to mosquitoes and other flying insects!
The television system had a very poor selection of programmes with no international news channels. Most of the channels were in Thai language only. The staff admitted to me that recently the hotel had taken a cheaper TV package that would still appeal to Thais but had far less choice for visitors who cannot speak Thai - this is not what one expects from an international chain of hotels.
There was no breakfast provided in my choice of room and payment and the breakfast facilities ona pay-per-meal basis were very unappealing.
The so-called gynasium/ fitness room was poorly equipped.
My neighbours included tour groups of Thais having room parties.
The hotel had clearly dumped me in their worst room with their cheapest guests. I booked through Agoda but will never use Agoda again.
Other friends who book with Agoda have had similar bad experiences of being given the worst rooms in hotels.within the room, there was a large hole in the bathroom ceiling, large enough for any vermin to enter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Hotel set amid tropical grounds on a beachfrontThe Novotel Rayong Rim Pae is a 4 star beachfront resort hotel in beautiful Thailand. Set amongst exotic gardens complete with long stretched of clear sand beach, the hotel is the perfect holiday destination, a place to relax and unwind. Enjoy music and drinks at our beachfront bar or a delicious meal in one of our two restaurants The GARDEN Thai International or The SHORE Italian. Whether relaxing by the pool, at our AQUAS health spa, or making the most of our of leisure facilities, guests are spoiled for choice in the friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Rim Pae Resort Rayong Hotel Rayong
- Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort Rayong Province, Thailand - Klaeng
- Novotel Rim Pae Hotel Rayong
- Rayong Novotel